yamaha phazer

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loganberry

Reaction score
I dont know how many of you are into sleds, but you see the new phazer? Its sick. In the engine compartment, theres basically 2 250 engines. The seat looks like a dirtbike, and it has pretty much no nose to it. I dont know if yamaha plans to race it, but it looks like itd do decent. Later.

That's the one that looks like a blaster, right? There was one in at the powersports shop I go to for repairs, somebody put one of the skis on the wrong side of a tree and tore the **** out of it already. I'm not into sleds much, but it did look like fun.

I got an 03 Yamaha Viper ER and love it but the Phazer looks like it might be great for local riding and slower trickier stuff. I cant wait to check it out since my Viper seems happiest when going 60-110 mph and you cant go that fast in too many places.
It might be just what Im looking for as I was thinking about an Arctic cat F5 but Im worried that it might not corner like Im used to. The sled world could use something new and radical. Cant wait.

The only sleds I ever rode was a AC triple 800 a few years ago, but it scared the **** out of me and I didn't get it past 40 mph, and I rode a few old beat ass john deere 440's.

My question... how well do brakes work on sleds? What would happen if you were going 110 and someone pulled out in front of you?

LArge amounts of pain, a Helocopter Ride, and 10 years of Physical Therapy.

Sleds=Death. Plain and simple. Tell me again why a Quad should not go over 100, but a sled should do at LEAST 100?

LArge amounts of pain, a Helocopter Ride, and 10 years of Physical Therapy.

Sleds=Death. Plain and simple. Tell me again why a Quad should not go over 100, but a sled should do at LEAST 100?
umm yeah!!!!

[quote author=yamarider board=general thread=1141691341 post=1141706593]
My question... how well do brakes work on sleds? quote] they suck if you have to slam on the brakes and lock the tread up.. hold the **** on and hope for the best

They are just flat out dangerous.

14 y/o kid died last week here crossing a road. Marked trail, marked crossing, Kid had taken the NYS sledding course, 2 sleds made it across, he did not.

There are at LEAST 2-5 deaths a year from accidents, hitting cars, catching barbed wire fences(most sled trails connect farm fields), speeding, Drunken sledding........

Not for me thank you.

Just like everything else sleds can be used safely or dangerously. Sleds can go over 100 because they are low, stable , and are often ridden on groomed trails and frozen lakes. I once did 115 mph across a frozen lake for several miles and it was very stable and easy to control . Ive got 4000 miles on a sled and never crashed but then again I dont ride drunk, don't go fast if anyone is around, dont ride at night, dont trespass and never take stupid risks. The problem with sleds is theyre so easy to operate that people forget how fast they are going. My raptor scares the **** out of me but Im new to this and it feels better every time I ride it. I really love my raptor and I find it real challenging (and fun) to ride but it doesn't even come close to my sled in acceleration or top speed. Fotunately the challenge of learning to ride quads (and not crash) more than makes up for the lack of
speed.

Yeah I live about 30 mins from that kid that died. But because he got hit by a car doesnt make sleds dangerous. The same thing happens with bicycles. On the farm I work at some idiot hit the barbed wire fence and got killed, and tried to sue the farmer. Yeah stopping pretty much sucks on sleds. I usually just try to slide sideways to slow down. The snows alot smoother then the dry ground, so thats why sleds can go so fast. I have come alot closer to dying on sleds though then quads. Later

Back