Y does everyone say trikes are so deadly?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05raptor350se

Reaction score
I recently saw a post in the pics section with a trike in it and the comment saying they are so deadly... i dont know why so many people say this...they are only dealy when u dont know how to ride them... my dad and all his friends had them back when he was younger (i guess around his 20's) and they never had much trouble with them cause they were smart about it and knew how to ride

lets here some more opinions

im with you...if you dont know how to handle them then theyre unsafe...my brothers friend is amasing on them...i can wheely a atc250x soo far...its all lowered and ready for flattrack

I know exactly what your saying. My cousin has a honda 350x and he never had a problem with it being unsafe. I ride it all the time and only rolled twice or so. There pretty safe as long as you know how to ride it.

I know several guys who had them and they all say the same thing- theyre totally cool and fun, and its probably a good thing they took them off the market. It seems that alot of guys got hurt during the learning curve. If quads didnt exist and 3 wheelers were the norm I wouldn't have bought one and wouldve bought a convertible or something with the cash. I have nothing against them but for my $ I either want to be able to lean like a bike or have the stability of a quad.

chitownpete, I'm with you on having the stability of a quad. 3 wheelers aren't that dangerous if you know how to ride one but the stability of a quad is much better and I'd wrather have a quad than a 3 wheeler.

Yamaha 3 wheelers are serious Mud bogggersss, My frind had an 85 200E I almost bought and I prolly will sometime in the near future, but I always rode it without a problem, just a little unstable withotu a rear shock. Mike

The trick to riding a trike is knowing how to control it with your body. If you don't lean, even on the slightest turns you can go on two wheels and even flip.

yeah they are pretty tricky to ride its just it seems like i see alot about how unsafe and stuff they are...like looking through ebay and such...my dad had a 1986 Honda 250r and he regrets ever selling it but i guess when us kids came along he had more important things to have

i dont care what anyone says, a trike is more dangerous than a quad.

a friend of mine has a tecate.. completely rebuilt, mint condition. he has about 3k into rebuilding it. he doesn't ride it much though.

i agree they are more dangerous than a quad but the point here isnt that... the point is they are dangerous if u dont know how to ride them... i guess this applies to anything really...quads are dangerous if u dont know how to ride them as well

i dont care what anyone says, a trike is more dangerous than a quad.

a friend of mine has a tecate.. completely rebuilt, mint condition. he has about 3k into rebuilding it. he doesn't ride it much though.

Tecate's are ****** INSANE. I'd get one but so hard to find parts for them.

my dad owned one of the fastest 200x's back in the day, and he obvisously knew how to ride it if you see some of the old pics they took( ill post them if i ever get a scanner). rigth now i have an old honda 185, and my nieghbor has a honda 250x, they arent hard to ride, but yes leaning is as about important as putting gas into the bike if you want to ride it.....

Unfortunately it seems alot easier to "not know how to ride" a trike than a quad. I dont how how to ride a quad either but after several months Ive been able to have fun, not crash hard , not get hurt , and learn alot. I dont think I wouldve made it this far on a trike.

Due to a quads 4 points of contact with the ground, they are much more 'forgiving' to slip ups

Due to a quads 4 points of contact with the ground, they are much more 'forgiving' to slip ups

Exactly ^^^^
I am going to show my age here but there has been several times now with my raptor on a jump that got a little squirrelly and while in the air I am getting ready for the tuck and roll position being used to 3-wheelers so much. But with the quad it just sucks up the bad landing where a 3-wheeler would be spanking your ass as it rolled over you several times. (nothing can roll and flip like a 3-wheeler ;D)

You turn a quad, but you slide a 3-wheeler. I do not care what kind of skill level you had, if you were sliding through a corner and your leading edge tire caught extra grip you were going for that ritual launch, tuck and roll.

3-wheelers were fun as hell, but you would not get me to give up my quad and go back to my 3-wheeler. My injuries do not recover as fast as they used to.

And at what point did our beloved 3-wheelers become trikes? Never heard them called that till recently.

Back