x-mas money

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
ok well i got some x-mas money, and i'm trying to decide what to spend it on, i'm thinkin either an exhaust or some back wheel/tires, or i might save up to get some new plastics.............well i got about $300 so i need some opinions

why not save it for retirement? ;)

tires are the best upgrade you can make on any quad / bike / car, its don't matter how much power you have if you cant put it to the ground. Check out some Razr2s or Holeshots, it will be one of the most important upgrades you make.

hmmm, ok well if i was gonna get tires, i was lookin at kenda klaws on some baja blacks?

I dont understand how tires could be the best upgrade im new to this stuff so please explain in further detail

umm well, grip, lower profile, meaning you can corner better.... umm thats about all i know of, w/ more grip more acceleration......

I dont understand how tires could be the best upgrade im new to this stuff so please explain in further detail

Basically I guess that it doesn't matter how fast your quad can go if you can't grip the ground at all ::)

Or lets just say you live somewher like South Western PA where it's all rocks. You could have the fastest quad in the world, but the flat tires you'll have five minutes into riding aren't gonna help you out a whole lot...lol. Traction, durability, cornering, getting out of ruts, etc.....best money you'll spend on a quad.

Simple. Stock tires suck. They don't do anything that great. A good set of aftermarket tires will adapt your machine to work better for whatever you use it for. Better handling, better traction, better durability, better ground clearance, etc, whatever you need improved.

that makes a whole lot of ****** sense...thanks mother fuckers I could sleep now...I need to get me some meatier chunnkier tires down the mother ****** line

well i was lookin at a dg stage 3 xccelerator exhaust- this is what it says about it-----
Introducing DG’s new 4-stroke exhaust system, the DG Xccelerator. We spent many hours in R&D and in the dyno to make sure it would perform. And it does. This system was built to give you the performance you want. All Stage 3 Xccelerators will come with the DG designed HP2 chrome headpipe. This race version will let you smoke the competition.
its $319..... what do you guys think?

I don't think I could ever recommend a dg product to anybody. I've had their skid plates, nerf bars, bumper, and grab bar, and I don't have much good to say about any of it. I don't know how good DG's xcellerator exhausts are, but for the money, I think you can find something better.

personally i would just go with a full set of tires on stock rims. You don't need rims unless yours are completed f'd over.

Get some wider offset rims and good tires (I like ITP hds and gncc) I put 3in 6out rims on my raptor and I gained 3" of overall width in the rear without using spacers or buying an axle. The difference in stability is amazing and I never worry about getting traction. Made my raptor much less tippy in the turns as well.

Latest posts

Back