WTF happend to my battery?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
K check out these pics.

battery1.jpg

battery2.jpg

battery3.jpg

K i have no idea how this happend, I took a few loops around our track at my friends farm and i was jumping and just flying around our tt track then i turned off the warrior to talk to a friend. And then we went to go to ride again and i tryed to start it and i was flipping out because it wouldnt start. I thought it was the ground that busted out before and i couldnt get the bike to start for a month because it was like in the most complex place to get too and i couldnt find it and when i did it took like 3 hours to get to. But i ended up taking off the seat to see this. Well i took it off and the first time only the negative was broken off. so i just touched it to the battery to start it then about an hour later i went to go start it agin to find the positive was broken off too. I was super pissed.

Does anybody know how this happend and how to prevent it in the future when i replace them.

I think it happend because the space for the battery in the maire plastics is really big and nothing holds it down like a strap or anything and it was just bouncing around and the broke out. I think if i put like somting in gap to stop it from movin would prevent this, what you guys think?

I think it happend because the space for the battery in the maire plastics is really big and nothing holds it down like a strap or anything and it was just bouncing around and the broke out. I think if i put like somting in gap to stop it from movin would prevent this, what you guys think?

I think you got it. ;D

Buddy lost both his one day and we just figured out a away to strap it in better. That battery can do alot of bouncing with no straps.

yeah that's definitely the prob. So the maiers have absolutely no way to hold the battery down? That's shitty. I'd find a way to strap it down, bungee cord or something. Just wedging something in there isn't going to keep it from bouncing up and down.

Doh!!! I should have read closer. bberck has it nailed!

Yeah.. you'll also bust the plates inside of the battery out to letting it bounce around like that.

yes maiers have no way of straping down and the box is too big for the battery. I think im going to use the strap from my stock plastics, cut some slots in it and us that to hold it down, then im going to put somting, perferably a harder fome inbetween the battery and the gap. Idk ill get back on how it gos. I just need to find somthing for that gap.

Thanks guys.

Back