WOW i didn't think it needed this much...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schppppeeiiddiiiee

Reaction score
ok well today i think i finally hit the nail on the head with my jetting issue.. I cut my lid( MAJORLY)
picture1031oj.jpg

well anyways.. my buddy told me if i did this i would need a 150main and even then i would be lean.. well guess what.. i am running a 155 main and still just a tad lean... this amazes me how much some cutting here and well here again will do for performance.. if i am cruising along in 4th at like 1/4 throttle and get on it.. the power is THERE it doesn't bog at all.

can someone tell me typical symptoms of being too lean or too rich?
Im going with a no top set up and a new slip on..i was thinking about going with a 150 main..but after reading this i better start at 155?

Too lean will give you popping, the engine will run hotter than normal, in the dark you can see the header glowing bright red.

Too rich can give stumbling, sluggishness, and black smoke from the exhaust sometimes.

I'm sure there's other symptoms for both of these, but I can't think of them right now.

Too lean will give you popping, the engine will run hotter than normal, in the dark you can see the header glowing bright red.

Too rich can give stumbling, sluggishness, and black smoke from the exhaust sometimes.

I'm sure there's other symptoms for both of these, but I can't think of them right now.
on top of what you mentioned about being lean you exhaust will shoot out blue flames once in a while

yea i have an HMF slipon too... i knew i would need a 150-152.5 but never even considered a 155 or higher

well..its wierd but i got a dyno jet kit..and it says with my aftermarket exhaust and open air box to run thier 144 main?? -seems kind of small- is that because of the new needle they provide or sumptin?

DJ uses a different sizing scale than mikuni, so a 144 DJ flows more than a 144 mikuni would.

i need to do another turn on the a/f screw... which way is to richen? how many turns is stock?

i also see you switched the pilot... did you change the needle position any?

i need to do another turn on the a/f screw... which way is to richen? how many turns is stock?

Turn the screw out to richen, I think the stock position is 2 turns out.

lefty loosy, righty tighty ::)

That means turn it counterclockwise to turn it out and richen it

Back