would this be a good increase in power

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have rather bought the 390. instead because I ride mostly tight woods.
Idk why everybody says that all i ride is tight woods and i would take mine over anything. It pulls soo great when doing hillclimbs and stuff. Awsome for racing ;D.

ok trying to figure out prices

1.ok the je website doesn't have prices does anyone know how much thay cost or where else to get them?
the wiseco is $79.99 with the .040 over at rocky mountain
2. the web cam .430 is $120 at web cams website
3. top gasket kit around $20
4. valve springs kibble white around$100
thats about $350 with tax
maybe $50 for bore and hone
i hope i can put the cam and springs in myself
idk how much head work is gonna cost
so maybe $450 all together, does anyone know any better prices on any the above item or suggestions?

I've seen I believe $140 shipped for the JE on ebay but there a 366cc piston and I'm not sure if you want to go that big..
Magicracing.com has some great prices on cams and springs. Also check E-bay as there is usally good deals on there, watch the shipping prices though.
I bet you'll have around $500 in to it after everything and depending on what you go with.

what is the alba action kit?
and what makes it a 366 piston exactly, the bore size you go with? I would like the go as big as possible if thats the case while still being reliable.

Yup it just the bore size.
The only problem with that is the fact that you will not be able to bore it out again if you have something major happen to the top end. Just something for you to consider that you will have to resleeve it and have it bored again which is a lot of money.. (around $150.00)
Powroll and FST are selling 366cc over pistons and you talk to them and they say there is more then enough cylinder wall left to be reliable. I've put more then 500 miles on mine this summer and still doesn't burn oil and runs super strong as every tank of fuel seems to have more power.
http://store.albaaction.com/shop/WAR-CAMTISPRG.html

Bigger bore or CC helps reduce pumping loss. Higher compression. More CC's. Since this is a little 350cc engine its hard to tell or feel the HP difference but it all adds up and every bit helps.

Yup it just the bore size.
The only problem with that is the fact that you will not be able to bore it out again if you have something major happen to the top end. Just something for you to consider that you will have to resleeve it and have it bored again which is a lot of money.. (around $150.00)
Powroll and FST are selling 366cc over pistons and you talk to them and they say there is more then enough cylinder wall left to be reliable. I've put more then 500 miles on mine this summer and still doesn't burn oil and runs super strong as every tank of fuel seems to have more power.
http://store.albaaction.com/shop/WAR-CAMTISPRG.html

wow that looks like a good kit i wonder what the compression is on that piston a 10:5:1 maybe? has anyone every run this kit? almost double the hp is a little extreme isn't it lol, it doesn't say anything about one for a raptor 350 but the site says its still updating it so i will give them a call. man that 400 stroker kit is expensive

got to take the core charge off of that for your crank.. 400cc kit. Also they mean there stroker kit when they say double the HP.
Honestly it looks like a 12:1 piston but they claim it is a 10.75:1. I don't know if they do that with gaskets or have the pin location changed to make it that. They are the only ones with JE pistons for are bikes that have that many sizes. I've tried to contact them about this but they don't give up any info.

I've heard some people not having to run racing gas and others have to. I think some of it has to do with where you live and altitude, also how fuel quality verys from state to state.

yeah it would good to know if you have to run race gas or not because thats a little pricey for me maybe thay can tell me if i call them and tell them where i live if its a 10:75:1 you wouldn't have to run ras gas right?

11:5 would be all I would try and run. Should be able to get away with it since its such a big cam.

you wouldn't happen to know what cam that is do you, brand name wise? thanks for all the help this is a great start to figure on, now just need to figure out on head work if i even really need any.

you wouldn't happen to know what cam that is do you, brand name wise? thanks for all the help this is a great start to figure on, now just need to figure out on head work if i even really need any.

Megacycle .450" cam. Same as I got now. You could call them up and tell them what ever cam you want though. I would do it for sure anyway just to make sure you can run pump gas..
No problem any time.

When I got my 366 kit from FST way back in 2002, it was the old JE piston design with 11.0:1 compression, and a megacycle 252X1 cam. That motor ran great, but the low end was bad, felt a lot better leaving the 13T sproket with 20" rears then upping to the 14T. 14T with 252X1 was OK but really didn't come into it's own until 5 gear pinned, then the quad really started to make power. Now with the 446 the cam makes power at any RPM.

450 sounds about pefect. I think i ended up spending that much for mine excpet i got also got a timing chain. And a wiseco for cheaper along with the cam and cam springs.

Back