Would a warped head cause a lean condition?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfpdscott

Reaction score
Recently swapped heads on my warrior with another used one. Now when you start it the quad idles of for about 2 min then the rpm's start to shoot up and it overheats. Looking for opinions before I completely take the head off again as to where to look. Already went through the whole intake system and there are no leaks there. Quad ran fine before I swapped heads minus a bad cam bearing.

A warped head would cause possible lack of compression and poor running conditions.

Higher compression from a thinner head gasket or better flowing head will cause lean conditions. You may need to richen up the idle so the RPMs come back down.

I did a compression test and it was 125 psi so I don't think I'm losing compression. I'll try switching the jets and see what happens

What about the air fuel screw? Once warm you are supposed to adjust the idle to about 1000rpm with the idle screw, then slowly adjust the air fuel screw until it idles the highest then turn the screw a little CCW/out. Then you adjust your idle down to where it's suppose to be with the idle screw.

Latest posts

Back