Worst car in history?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plymoth Horizon. ANY Ford exploder. How many have you worked on this year James? lol. I can remember atleast a dozen.

88, where its at on the worst car in history list? im thinking any ford explorer is up there lol

dude the 2nd gen explorers are where its at especially with the 5.0 thats wht I have lol

Althought the Ford 5.0 is a good engine, the rest of it is a piece. Oh, and there is NO room to replace the passenger side exhaust manifold, which always goes bad.

1981 Cadillac Fleetwood V-8-6-4

fleetwood.jpg

These days, cylinder deactivation, or variable displacement, is relatively common — the 2008 Honda Accord V6 has it, for instance. And it's a beautiful idea. When the engine is running at light loads, it's logical to shut down unneeded cylinders to save fuel, like turning off lights in unused rooms. But in 1981, when semiconductors and on-board computers were still in their infancy, variable displacement was a huge technical challenge. GM deserves credit for trying, but the V-8-6-4 was the Titanic of engine programs. The cars jerked, bucked, stalled, made rude noises and generally misbehaved until wild-eyed owners took the cars to have the system disconnected. For some it was the last time they ever saw the inside of a Cadillac dealership.

1981 Cadillac Fleetwood V-8-6-4

fleetwood.jpg

These days, cylinder deactivation, or variable displacement, is relatively common — the 2008 Honda Accord V6 has it, for instance. And it's a beautiful idea. When the engine is running at light loads, it's logical to shut down unneeded cylinders to save fuel, like turning off lights in unused rooms. But in 1981, when semiconductors and on-board computers were still in their infancy, variable displacement was a huge technical challenge. GM deserves credit for trying, but the V-8-6-4 was the Titanic of engine programs. The cars jerked, bucked, stalled, made rude noises and generally misbehaved until wild-eyed owners took the cars to have the system disconnected. For some it was the last time they ever saw the inside of a Cadillac dealership.

Most all the cars from the mid 70's to the late 80's sucked balls! All the emissions bullshit they tried just made them all hunks of ****. About the only good cars from that time was the TBI Caprice, Buick Grand National, a maybe a handfull of others. Matter of fact the K car is still on the road today. There are a bunch of them around here. Who'da thunk it?

Most all the cars from the mid 70's to the late 80's sucked balls! All the emissions bullshit they tried just made them all hunks of ****. About the only good cars from that time was the TBI Caprice, Buick Grand National, a maybe a handfull of others. Matter of fact the K car is still on the road today. There are a bunch of them around here. Who'da thunk it?
excluding any jeep

I agree about the good engine part and that there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO room in the engine bay, Given that it makes for one hell of a time doin plug wires

who needs plug wire? real men use industrial grade insulated power lines as plug wire! ex: the propane powered forklift at my dads work

I had a 92 exploder sport with the 4.0 and it blew the #1 cylinder spark plug right out of the motor only thing left was the threads cost me $70 to have it fixed which wasn't bad concidering I only paid $400 for the damn thing and flipped it for $800 after smacking a deer and taking out the front end.lol

Worst cars in history are GM and Dodge in my opinion. They are how I pay my bills, we may have 1 Ford in a month for something other than a oil change. Just this week and last week the lift has been kept busy with dodges, week before atleast 2 GM's needing headgaskets.

On a non bashing note the worst in history for me are alot of GM and Dodge trying to bring back some of the old cars or atleast a look alike. Not trying to specifically bash, but they are killing some of the old names with what they are designing know. Especially the PT Cruisers, HHR, SSR etc..

Back