Workin on the warriors

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikewarrior350

Reaction score
so just some pics of the stuff im doing right now. got my '96 torn down for new rear axle bearings, swingarm bearings, and shock bearings and im doing a clutch cover oil cooler.

0914101639.jpg

0914101639a.jpg

0914101723.jpg

busted starter

0914101626.jpg

0914101626a.jpg

0914101627.jpg

cooler lines made up out of -6AN fittings and stainless braided hose

0914101921.jpg

cover drilled and tapped and the oil lines roughed into place

0914101812.jpg

i got my '98 torn down for a complete motor rebuild so its sitting in peices under a tarp right now

0914101640c.jpg

and a couple pics of my other toys

'95 Kodiak utility quad
0914101641.jpg

my brother's blaster
0914101642.jpg

and a pic of my truck
0914101643a.jpg

Fun stuff dude! You already get the carrier bearings? Cuz I just took off my carrier which is zerk tapped and It has brand new bearings in it. Has two rides on them.

When you do the oil cooler where do you drill the holes exactly? The old link to the proforum page is bad. The you steal a part between the 2 cooler lines? Thanks Probably wrong post to ask in but thought I would ask since you just did it

Fun stuff dude! You already get the carrier bearings? Cuz I just took off my carrier which is zerk tapped and It has brand new bearings in it. Has two rides on them.

i already got the bearings on order and they should be here tommrow. and my carrier is already tapped for a grease fitting. thanks though.

When you do the oil cooler where do you drill the holes exactly? The old link to the proforum page is bad. The you steal a part between the 2 cooler lines? Thanks Probably wrong post to ask in but thought I would ask since you just did it

you have to first use the existing hole in the back to drill a small pilot hole through the cover followed with the correct size drill bit to enlarge the hole. then trace the path of the oil galley up the side of the case and drill the second hole. make sure that the holes are far enough apart that the fittings can be installed without interfering with each other while being screwed in. then the galley between the holes needs to be blocked off with epoxy. theres a good write up on bluetraxx about it. heres the link http://www.bluetraxx.com/forums/yamaha-yfm350-raptor-warrior-87-present/38920-how-warrior-oil-cooler.html

Looks good. Cant wait to start tearing into mine this winter. I would start a little earlier but im going to Little Sahara and Area 51 at the end of the month.

Wild

The L-steel goes in to block off the gally. Go in the top hole and push it down from there into the gally. It blocks the gally so that the oil can go out the bottom hole into the cooler and back into the top hole. It makes the cycle.

so im getting ready to mount the oil cooler and just want some opinions on the location. first the pics...

0917101914a.jpg

0917101916.jpg

0917101914.jpg

as you can see im going to mount it somewhat vertically so that it sits right behind the hood louvers so its protected but still gets good air flow. im kinda concerned about the heat that this would expose the coil to. the wires im going to be rerouting so there out of the way and protected so thats not a concern. its hard to see but in the 3rd pic it shows a side view and theres about an inch between the cooler and the coil. i was thinking about making a heat sheild out of some thin aluminum to protect it a bit.

so i guess i have two questions. first those of you who have oil coolers how hot does it get? and second anyone think there would be any dammage caused by exposing the coil to this heat?

Alot of the others I see pics of show it sticking out from under the hood. Maybe because of the heat, maybe cause it was easier. Will you be able to mount your headlight still?

Last edited:
yea the headlight is still going to fit perfect. i used 2 90degree AN fittings comming out of the cooler and all i had to do was slightly clearance the back of the light opening in the hood to allow the fittings to fit. after the light is back on you wont be able to see that anything was modified. and i didnt like the idea of the cooler hanging below the hood for two reasons. first im afraid its going to end up getting smashed and second the remote resivors for the front shocks are mouted right there and i dont want to be adding any more heat to those

Back