Wont stay running

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK....So I was finally able to rebuild my carb tonite. Everything went fine. UNTIL I went to take my float off. The pin that holds the float was hard to get out. So I got my small punch and tapped it with a hammer 2 pretty soft times mind you. It fell right off along with one of the tabs its supposed to be slid into. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I didnt know what to do so I put it back together and put it back on. It wiggled a lil bit but seemed to be pretty sturdy. Needless to say I started it up and it runs like brand new. It runs with out the choke on and doesnt cut off when it idles. I was gonna mabye JB weld it since its that pot metal **** and you cant welt it normaly. But wasn't sure what gas would do to JB weld. So I guess Ill eventually have to get a new carb.

If anyone has and insight on this I would appreciate it. Thanks Chris

i have a carb off of an 96, should be the same... it will need a good cleaning which i can give it if your interested.... my neighbor has and ultra sonic cleaner he got from the hospital... it makes carbs look like new

Well I went riding pretty much all day yesterday with my bro in-law on his brand new 09 YFZ450R SE. It started fine and ran fine all day. I hit lots of bumps and little jumps and that broken piece in the bowl hasnt seemed to effect anything. So I guess well see what happens...

Back