Wont start?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jersey42

Reaction score
My 350 warrior wont start by using the electric start button, but i can short the solenoid and it starts first time, does this mean i have a bad starter or what?

If you mean you jump the poles on the solenoid then you may need a solenoid. But, to be sure, probe the wires going to and coming from the starter button, to make sure power is getting to and from the button. Or, and this is essentially 2 tests in 1, probe the wires going to the solenoid. This will eleminate the starter button and the harness, if there is power getting to the solenoid. Also, check the fuse that should be near the solenoid. You know that everything on both sides of the solenoid is good. You're getting power to the battery side of the solenoid, and when you jump the poles you are completing the circut to the starter. So, it's either bad solenoid, bad fuse, or you're not getting power to the solenoid from the starter button.

waz up

I agreed with Gen1Pat my daughters, 350 had the same problem. I notice right iin the plug the inside terminal one was very loose and barely making contact. :tup:

Latest posts

Back