Won't crank, no spark, no start 2002 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold70

Reaction score
I don't know what's going on with this thing I have kinda narrowed it down to the starter or the cdi box. I'm not getting spark, all my lights work as they should. Fully charged battery and new ignition coil. Really need some help cause the last thing I want to do it to take it to Honda yamaha. What the atv is doing is when I press the start button it just woke start and there is no form of cranking coming from the bike. It's just a flat starter sound. No spark no nothin! I tried to upload a video maybe is on this idk. Well help me out as much as you all can and I really appreciate it! Here is the the video link if it didn't come up.
http://youtu.be/egSFVzJk67g or it's on YouTube Tyler Arnold in my channel. Come one guys help me out here!

I don't know what's going on with this thing I have kinda narrowed it down to the starter or the cdi box. I'm not getting spark, all my lights work as they should. Fully charged battery and new ignition coil. Really need some help cause the last thing I want to do it to take it to Honda yamaha. What the atv is doing is when I press the start button it just woke start and there is no form of cranking coming from the bike. It's just a flat starter sound. No spark no nothin! I tried to upload a video maybe is on this idk. Well help me out as much as you all can and I really appreciate it! Here is the the video link if it didn't come up.
http://youtu.be/egSFVzJk67g or it's on YouTube Tyler Arnold in my channel. Come one guys help me out here!

See if you can pull start it with your car or another ATV. A weak pickup coil will not fire or spark at starter RPM. But pulling it you can spin her faster and if it is a weak pickup coil it will run. If it does start you know you need a stator and pickup coil. If it does not start, get out your amp meter and check the cdi box.

I watched your youtube video. hard to tell anything from video. is the starter turning the engine? if you don't know, put your hand over the exhaust pipe while you are cranking it and you should feel air blowing out. if you feel no air, it more than likely is the starter clutch (the one way bearing thing on your flywheel).

Last edited:
Like moby said, sounds like your engine is not turning over. Put your finger in the spark plug hole and turn it over. If your finger isn't blown out, then your engine isn't turning over (or you can use exhaust like moby said, but you will need to put your spark plug back in to do that). In that case, you're taking the stator cover off and replacing your one-way starter bearing.

Also, the reason you have no spark is because you aren't actually spinning the flywheel, so no spark is being generated.

So if I can pull start it and the starter clutch is done for will it start that way? Is there a way I can find out if my starter clutch is bad? And if I pull start it and it doesn't start what does that mean? And if I pull start it and it does then what's going on? Let me know guys thanks!

Why don't you try pull starting and let us know what happens. We'll go from there.

Well it seems to be my fly wheel isn't spinning with the starter. Just just starter is spinning it.

Not yet I have to out this carb on. Well
I found out that the fly wheel isn't spinning when I hit the starter but everything else is. Will
It pull start with a bad starter clutch?

She started up boys! When we pulled started it of course. So what do I need to replace?

Starter clutch it sounds like to me. If the starter motor is working; it's not able to turn the flywheel because the one-way bearing or ring gear are shot. Replace both with a new needle bearing as well. Get a clymer Manuel. It explains the procedure to a tee....

And don't buy shitty parts on EBay. Get OEM. You also need a flywheel puller too

Back