wolvy carbs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04wolverine

Reaction score
has anyone ever ran a warrior carb or any other bigger carb on there wolverine? ihad someone tell me it would be a good power gain. also how about dialajet, good/bad?

I actually heard that the z400 carb will work on a wolverine. I havent tried it, nor seen anyone with it tho.

The only Wolverine that I know has been equipped with a Warrior carb was owned by Mike Braun (aka Lotus Position). You can see his Wolverine in the Showroom: http://www.woodwarrior.com/showroom/wolv_05.htm.

Mike has sold his Wolverine a while ago. The Warrior carb was one of the last part he installed. Mike had one of the most modified Wolverine of the Showroom. If he installed it, it was probably for a good reason ;). Would it improve the performance of an almost stock Wolverine? I absolutely don't know.

wolverine350rider said:
I actually heard that the z400 carb will work on a wolverine. I havent tried it, nor seen anyone with it tho.

I hear those carbs are a pain to tune. I've never dealt with one but but some of my friends have.

I have a 400ex carb in the garage I plan to use on mine. My buddy bought a Lectron carb for his 400 so I snagged up his stocker.

My machine has the warrior carb on it as a stock item. They only did this for the '95 Wolerines. In '96 they went to the vacuum operated carb and the smaller diameter exhaust header. This was done to try and offset the "stumble" off idle when nailing the throttle.

That stumble can be tuned out, but it isn't easy. And no, these carbs aren't easy to re-jet nor make any other adjustment on. In fact, they are a pain in the arse. However, once tuned right, the built in accelerator pump is a nice bonus and they do give you a bit more bottom end grunt as they flow just a bit smoother.

I'd like to hear more about the suzuki carbs being installed.

95Wolverine said:
My machine has the warrior carb on it as a stock item. They only did this for the '95 Wolerines. In '96 they went to the vacuum operated carb and the smaller diameter exhaust header. This was done to try and offset the "stumble" off idle when nailing the throttle.

That stumble can be tuned out, but it isn't easy. And no, these carbs aren't easy to re-jet nor make any other adjustment on. In fact, they are a pain in the arse. However, once tuned right, the built in accelerator pump is a nice bonus and they do give you a bit more bottom end grunt as they flow just a bit smoother.

95Wolverine said:

This is why I plan on using the 400ex carb. It's a fairly simple unit with an accelerator pump.

Warrior or not...

I use a Warrior carb (36mm as opposed to 34mm, if I recall ...). I did the top end, and included the carb. I can't say wether or not it's the way to go on an all-stock bike, but it works well on mine. Oh, and it is a royal pain in the butt when you have to adjust the needle/accelerator pump/etc. I hear the Edelbrocks are easy to tune, tho they are a bit pricey...

Back