• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wolverine Relocated Reverse Lever......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! What a great idea! Did you come up with it yourself, or is it some kind of kit?

hmmm very good idea i must try that used to work for a bike shop (mtb) for 18 years plus.i should be able to do that .well now i have something to do the weekend ..later dave thanks for the idea

i wounder if we use the park break leaver that dont work anyway hmmm might give that a shot later dave

mentolio said:
WOW! What a great idea! Did you come up with it yourself, or is it some kind of kit?

Thanks! To tell you the truth....when I got my Wolverine I wasn't into quads at all. Did some research and went with the Wolverine as my first quad. When I got it I instantly didn't like the concept of the location of the reverse "knob". So, being a machinist I made what I had to and bought the rest to make the kit. Well, within a couple of months I was reading a quad mag at work and saw in the back a reverse switch kit for an other model quad. So long story short I made the modification and then saw that it was out there for another quad. Oh well. I haven't found a kit especially for the wolverine yet....except mine :D

Later,
<><

drac1 said:
hmmm very good idea i must try that used to work for a bike shop (mtb) for 18 years plus.i should be able to do that .well now i have something to do the weekend ..later dave thanks for the idea

You should make out pretty good. The lever is a "shorty" brake lever and the cable is brake cable for a bike. The only thing else to fab is the "arm" for the reverse shaft on the right side cover and a eye bracket to hold the cable (to the side cover).

Simple concept....I'm not sure why the japs didn't mount it there in the first place. Safety issue maybe....

<><

I belive the whole point behind the reverse knob being on the center console was to get you to let go of the throttle while changing into reverse.

My method, like yours, is much easer and means you don't have to let go of the throttle, but with mine, you still have to let go of the throttle.

I just love being able to go from forward to reverse to forward again before the next Woverine rider stops moving in reverse - simply speedy and a time saver when plowing.

95Wolverine said:
I belive the whole point behind the reverse knob being on the center console was to get you to let go of the throttle while changing into reverse.

My method, like yours, is much easer and means you don't have to let go of the throttle, but with mine, you still have to let go of the throttle.

I just love being able to go from forward to reverse to forward again before the next Woverine rider stops moving in reverse - simply speedy and a time saver when plowing.

I thought that too....not having your thumb on the throttle. Did you read my e-bay discription?........"great for plowing". We're on the same track....I don't understand why anybody wouldn't modify their Wolverine this way. Wham...bam, done deal. Soooooo fast and easy. I even hooked up a halogen back-up light to the reverse indicater idiot light. Slowly but surely this thing's getting tricked out....I love it!

Later,
<><

Back