Wish me luck

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooch1979

Reaction score
For the last 2 weeks I have been rebuilding my warrior and now she's ready to fire. Kinda nervous.

The list. (My signature)
Wiseco 10.25 84mm
Mega Cycle .415
HD springs
P&P head, valve job, deck resurface
Stock carb rebuild with 155 main 45 pilot
Air box mod with Uni filter
14 tooth front gear

Body
Plastidip black and gray.

That do you think?

Sounds like you got a real nice motor in that warrior, good luck with the first start

You're gonna love that motor setup! That's probably my favorite except I would've don't a little higher compression. You should have a healthy, long lasting motor there though and it might even take a lower grade fuel.

She wants to go but the carb is stopping her. She will run for about 1 min then die. Let it sit for a bit then she will relight and go strong for about 1 min then die again. I think I know the issue. I reaced the needle but not the seat. The screw that holds the seat in is stripped. I put back in the original needle and gonna let her sit on the charger over night. To late to get it fired back up tonight. Getting a little worried, she and I leave for Little Sahara in 5 days. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Sounds like your not getting enough fuel check the flow coming off your tank and tap your carb a few time the float might be stuck. Might have to check your cab and lean her up.

I have great flow into the carb, it's not that. Took the bowl off and reinstalled the fuel line and the float is letting in the fuel fine. The only thing I can think is when I installed the new needle it was not compatable with the old seat. I'm hoping the lingth on the needle was longer on the new one not allowing enough fuel in with the bowl back on.
I rebuilt the carb and cleaned all the junk out a few days ago, everything looks clean.

Well got it figured out, it was the needle. Runs real good now except I burned up the battery or the starter.
Now I get to pull the starter apart and clean and lube it good, replace the batt and hope that fixes the issue.
Had a charger on the batt all night and when I went to start her this afternoon the starter spun real slow. Now all she dose is click. Batt shows 12.69v and sometimes when I tap on the starter she will spin but real slow, not even enough to kick out the armature.
If it's not one thing it's another.

Back