Wiseco Piston Kit 11:1

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's at 4 thousandths of an inch right now...And i haven't honed/bored it yet so it's a bore. Now what should i bump it up to? 353 or a 357. I really don't want to go all the way to a 366 just because if i do have to hone/bore it again i don't want to have to put a new sleeve in.

You'll have to get it mic'd to see if it is too out of round to be taken 0.020" over, or if it has to go 0.040". If it's stock bore, I just usually punch it the full forty.

Ok. Thank you everybody for all the replies. I just ordered a .040" over piston at 11:1. Hopefully everything works out!

So i ordered the piston yesterday and i got the price to bore out the cylinder. Now the guy doing the machining asked me how big the piston that i was putting in there and i told it's an 84mm piston. or .040" over standard bore. But my main question is that should i wait to get my piston then tell him to go a few thousandths over the diameter of the piston? Or would he know what to do. I've never bored a motor before so this is very new to me. I still have the cylinder because i want to wait till i get the piston.

Always give the piston to the machinest so they can match the bore to the piston precisely.

Back