Wiring Issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to find a reverse switch for this sucker. I really don't think this is my issue since the wire runs from the switch to the light bulb. Prior to replacing the wiring harness the reverse light did work when the quad was in reverse. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be or what I should be checking next?

She runs!!!! I cut and soldered the wires for the parking brake switch together and deleted the clutch switch. The issue now is when I hit the throttle it breaks up and dies; idles fine though. From what I've read this is caused by the parking brake switch. I put a block off on the rear brake caliper. I know there are a ton of threads going over how to by-pass the parking brake switch. Each that I've read confused the heck out of me. Can someone give a how to in stupid people terms. All I did was cut the plug that goes into the perch on the handle bar and soldered these two wires together. The clutch switch was unplugged from the harness and removed from the perch with the wires plugged into each other on the harness side.

the parking brake switch you just unplug you don't connect the wires at least I didn't on my 02

hmmm I'm almost positive it wouldn't turn over with the plug to the parking brake switch unplugged from the harness. I'll take another peek at it tomorrow (almost midnight). The other strange thing is that by by-passing the clutch switch, I still had to hold in the clutch for it to turn over. I thought with the by-pass it would start without needing to hold in the clutch. My neutral light still doesn't work, and yes the bulb is good lol. I also replaced the neutral switch with a new one.

Well, I unplugged the wire for the parking brake and it has seemed to fix my issue. Quad starts up with out the clutch, and doesn't break up when I hit the throttle. Neutral light still doesn't work though. I won't be able to ride it until next weekend, instead I'll be racing the 69 Camaro this weekend at the track. Thank you so much for your help.

Just to recap my issues and the fixes.....
Carb needed to be upped a size on the main jet, and air fuel screw adjusted.
Wiring harness was replaced, as well as neutral switch, stator, and starter clutch.
Bypassed the clutch switch by plugging the wire harness side into its self, and parking brake set up removed.

Back