Winter tires...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior917

Reaction score
Well i figured out my razr2's totally suck in the snow! So i still had the tires and wheels left over from when i first bought the monster. I had some tire chains laying around and i made them fit. Here is the end result:
snow.jpg

snoy.jpg

Its a friggin snow machine now! tears right down to the sod lol

That's cool. Aren't you glad you didn't sell those old wheels and tires?

haha yep sure am. I was gonna put ice screws in them but did this instead. It worked alot better than i thought. And I actually have some good clearance between the skid plate and the ground

I run Maaxis Roosters 20x11x10 in the dunes and I think they would kick a*s in the snow but have never tried.
1296515306.jpg

1296515231.jpg

thems are sweet! I was thinking of going with the maxxis 4 snows. They are suppost to be the best in the snow but i cant see myself buying something that i would only use for a few months. We'll see thou, you never know what ill get haha

I probably paid too much for them lol they were 300 with the rims, I bought them the day after I bought my quad

haha yep sure am. I was gonna put ice screws in them but did this instead. It worked alot better than i thought. And I actually have some good clearance between the skid plate and the ground

When I lived in Wis. we would put sheet medal screws in the knobbies for out on the lake

Looks cool, I have a rear set of sand sharks, and threatened my dad if we got another big snow I was gonna see how well they do in snow if its like sand.

worked good, you lose a few but wasn't a big deal. If the tread is low you can go in too far then you have to leave them in all year and run some green slime

Back