winch mount

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikewarrior350

Reaction score
so ive been working on a winch mount for the warriors for a while cause im sick of getting stuck in the mud and having to go get my dads kodiak to pull the warrior out. heres what i came up with...

0721101943a.jpg

0721101944a.jpg

0721101944b.jpg

0721101948a.jpg

i built a receiver style multi-mount with a cage around the winch to protect it. the receiver bar is removable so that it can be broken down and stored on the grab bar when not in use. when its removed all thats left on the bike is the reciver and an the gusset plate that you can see in the second pic.

and on a side note finnaly upgraded from the stock tires on my 98.
0722101603.jpg

if you remove it off the front when not using it, then all you realy needed to do was mount the winch on a fabbed up T bar, then simply chain it to the front, but meh, htat works good too.

personaly if I was gona put a winch on, id just fab up a whole new front bumper with the winch mounted to it.

But im pretty sure he didnt have to pay $400 for his.....

nah i paid $60 for the whole setup. the winch is a trick wireless controlled unit i got from harbor freight for $49 and then $10 worth of steel. i thought about just making one with chains that attatch to the bumper but when i get stuck im usually not in a position where i can just put it down infront of the bike. i take my warrior places most people on a utility quad wont go. either way $60 and a day of fab work isnt bad at all

and just mounting the winch on the bumper wouldnt have worked cause now i can put it on both of my warriors. plus a warrior is already a fat pig (mine especially with oversized mud tires) and adding another 35lbs to the front perminantly wouldnt have worked out to good

oh man, the warriors are already nose heavy, hopefully its not to bad with the winch up front.

a Wolverine with a 446 and a manual clutch conversion would be 100000x more bad ass than a 4x4 warrior. there was one by me for sale a while back that i looked at. too bad the guy wanted like $6k for it

Back