Will warrior web cam fit Raptor?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
He guys,

Checked out Magic racing and saw they sell the Web cams but for the warrior, will this also fit the Raptor?
I'll have to buy a billet cam from 1 of the companies don't know if they stock the billet cams because the risk of loosing my oem cam in the mail is to big and then i'm really screwed.
Also checked out
Duncan .415 cam
CWR .415 cam
Powroll .390 and .430 cam
Web .390
I'm looking more towards the Duncan .415 cam with the HD Valve springs and Wiseco 10.25 piston STD because I don't want to bore or hone. Also because for $83,20 extra I just get a new cam with no risk of loosing my oem cam in the mail to Curacao.
Wife is going to Miami in May so that means she can bring it down for me! ;)

What you guys think?
Or any other suggestions!

Well, what type of riding do you do and where are you looking to add power?
Only place that sells billet is Megacycle and hotcams. I wouldn't recomend hotcams though.
There are only 3 manufacture of cams. They do custom make cams for the aftermarket. But the only place that does that is powroll for are bikes and that cam is made for there stroker motor by megacycle. The rest is just off the shelf.
The warrior and raptor are two different cams.

What I do is pretty much Trail and some mx riding. Would like some more power in the mid and top end for when i'm onroad. I saw that Duncan sells the .415 and for an extra $83,20 you get a new cam core.
So now I know I can't buy a web cam from magic racing because they sell the warrior cam not the raptor.

Even with a wiseco standard 83mm piston I have to hone the cylinder?
That pretty much sucks then, i'll have to ask the Hells Angels here to hone the cylinder for me, found out that they are the only ones that can do it here.

You have to hone out the cylinder otherwise the rings will not seat into the bore.

Not all the time, his rappy is new and will probably be fine without boring it out.

Yuana as far as mid-top I would suggest the stg. 2 430. web cam. I have this cam and I'm happy with it definately a strong mid range hit with plenty of top. If your gona get the piston also I would suggest maybe gearing it up a tooth up front to work better with the cam. But then again web cam has a core charge and I'm not sure how hard it is for you to ship stuff from your place to the us.

[quote:1bhvrr7o]You have to hone out the cylinder otherwise the rings will not seat into the bore.

Not all the time, his rappy is new and will probably be fine without boring it out.[/quote:1bhvrr7o]

Wrong. For proper ring break in you must always hone the sleeve. Doesn't matter if you have 10 hours on the engine. What's the point of spending all that time if your not even going to do it right.
If you don't hone the cylinder you'll get excessive blow by and the oil rings won't be able to control the oil and allow oil to get past the rings and burn excessive oil.

If you want upper mid range power and top end pull, the Megacycle "race" .450" cam (I believe it's called 252-x1) is going to give that to you.

It's not really hard but the chance that they loose my cam in the mail is huge, especially here!
98warrior, did you loose performance in the bottom when you installed the .430?
By the way do I really need a piston when I change the cam or can I just run the cam without changing the piston? What did you do?

It's not really hard but the chance that they loose my cam in the mail is huge, especially here!
98warrior, did you loose performance in the bottom when you installed the .430?
By the way do I really need a piston when I change the cam or can I just run the cam without changing the piston? What did you do?

Yes you will loose some bottom end with the top end cams. The web .430 is a little smaller grind then the Megacycle 252-x1. So it all depends on what you want (less duration and overlap). The web will not have quite the top end of the megacycle but you won't loose quite the bottom end.
If you go with a race cam you almost have to get a high compression piston because these cams bleed off some much dynamic compression at lower rpms that you will have no power.
Megacycles .415" cam will allow you to get away runing the stock compression.

That is good to hear. So for example if I would like to run a .390 or a .415 cam I could use the stock piston. But if I would like to run the .430 or .450 cam I will need a HC Piston.
If this is correct I'm thinking of using a smaller cam first then when I go on vacation to the states again to go with my cylinder head to hone or bore and also buy a bigger cam then. That's not a bad idea.

This is my only hobby besides shooting (but shooting is paid by my boss) so I think I can put some extra money into it. Can always sell the smaller cam after getting the bigger 1.

Thanks for all your help Jasonp.

Back