wider, faster, stronger

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrenize

Reaction score
i have a completely stock 03 warrior, and i want to make it better in all ways, i want to know the best a arms for the money at least +2 i trail ride most but jump a good bit too. so something like yfz shocks? also are raptor plastics a direct swap? im also looking into getting different rear rims and tires. 20? i have 20's on now and they look big. let me know about any good deals u see for any thing to make my slow lunky quad quick, fast, and nimble! thanks i really appreciate it! :evilface:

i have a completely stock 03 warrior, and i want to make it better in all ways, i want to know the best a arms for the money at least +2 i trail ride most but jump a good bit too. so something like yfz shocks? also are raptor plastics a direct swap? im also looking into getting different rear rims and tires. 20? i have 20's on now and they look big. let me know about any good deals u see for any thing to make my slow lunky quad quick, fast, and nimble! thanks i really appreciate it! :evilface:

Asr a arms and dont use yfz shocks you need ones the correct length of oem. 20s are good

I got a set of Afcos that need a rebiuld for sale. Even after rebiuld would be less than low grade Works shocks. Beastly can give you a little more info possibly. Hes the one that told me what I know about them.

i saw them. my friend had a widening kit on his blaster, it relocated the a arm mounting areas. could this be a good route for me?

i saw them. my friend had a widening kit on his blaster, it relocated the a arm mounting areas. could this be a good route for me?

In one word NO. All they do is ad weight and more places to break. Especially since you siad you jump. Adding the 40 to 50lbs that the Diamond J kits add to an already heavy quad will just make you even slower.

John YFZ shocks arent really for everybody. Most find them to be to stiff on a warrior.

The shock relocation kit you linked to is the only thing you may see recommended here. It allows you to run longer shocks

Last edited:
i weigh 240 and the shocks are way to soft for me. i think the yfz shocks would be nice for me. but would i need to get that kit to run them? and do they offer more travel?

well i have wicked +3 a arms and yfz shock. the length of the arms spreads the shocks out further giving them more leverage. so i mean if your me with that wide of an a arm then u should be good. jumping would be fine with those am i wrong?

well i have wicked +3 a arms and yfz shock. the length of the arms spreads the shocks out further giving them more leverage. so i mean if your me with that wide of an a arm then u should be good. jumping would be fine with those am i wrong?

Well yes and no I could explaine it all but it would overwhelm you

What is the length of the yfz you have?

I dont have any experience with the YFZ shocks myself, but Beastly and 87warrior917 do.

Im 250lbs and my stockers preloaded fully on +2 have been doing fine for me, I am going to be getting something for the trails I hit though. They are rough as all get out, so I had to turn down the preload a bit.

its not that their too stiff its the shocks are too long the a arms are designed to accept a 14.5" shock not longer ones like yfz. trust me i tried it it may work now but your gonna destroy your heims from them trying to over extend the suspension. now if you used a relocator a got them valved stiffer thats ok

so its better to use stock? im confused. mine are like 17'' from top to bottom. and i have +3 a arms. so thats a no go? i dont really know myself.

yes thats a no go your suspension will work better and be safer with the stock ones. you could try a shock relocator if you really want to use those shocks but theyll need to be valved for it because the extension will be perfect but itll sit low

Latest posts

Back