Why you need reverse and stuff.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
This is why you need reverse ;)
There were several of these trails that were several blocks long like this. Two 450's come nose to nose here and it would of been a long push backwards for one of them. :p

edb2579e.jpg

Having fun sliding in the sand
edb2579c.jpg

103 degrees out and ready to go!!
edb2579a.jpg

Looks like a blast. I know what the 100+ temps feel like too. I've rode a few times this week.

Bah you don't need reverse to get out of that. get a set of tank bags for one of the kids, and throw a rope, and 5x pulley or so in there and just toss the rope over a tree branch over head, then lift yours out of the way...

Hah, j/p man. It looks like a Sick place to ride man. And it also looks like the kids had a blast. Nice pics man.
~Bill

is that first pic man made???becuse i think it would be cool to have a trai like that here.nice pics looks like you had a blast

No they are not man-made. I think is is mostly erosion from rain. Once the quads made a trail all the rain water will get in there and do the rest for you.

It is hard to tell in the picture but you are really leaning in there. When I first took the kids down one, I was thinking "cool" then looked back to see the kids and their eyes were as big as saucers. :eek: Once in though you cannot turn around. Several of these go for what seemed 4ever winding around and changing "lean" angles back and forth. Several places you felt like you needed to put your hand out to keep from tipping sideways.

A lot of "technical" areas there. You would of had a blast with your recon there. You have to go through these rough trails though to get to the sandy areas. A lot of steep washouts.

that looks like fun. i would like to see pics where you are almost tipping b/c that looks pretty tame to my local area. if you are ever in sw missouri near springfield, let me know and ill take you to chadwick. might not be best to bring the kids though! lol sw missouri foot hills, valleys, and tons of ROCKS!! later

Close.

The red and white one is a Yamaha Raptor 50. I do not suggest this bike to anyone, just get the 80. I have modded it up pretty good though now and it runs pretty decent. This will soon become the 7 year old girls bike when I get the boy his new quad.

The Black one is a JetMoto 150. This is one of the better offbrand bikes you can get right now. It was $1399 brand new shipped with reverse and is a fully automatic. Unlike other off brands. The suspension on this thing kicks butt and it has held together really well. You can read about them a lot at ATV Connection forum in the Raceway forum and kids atv forum. They did have the exclusive rights to sell them, although there are now a couple of other dealers selling them now. Here is their website.
http://www.racewayatv.com/
It is a perfect bike for my daughter. Amazing power for a 150, easy to ride and a really plush suspension.

And of course my 350. In the whole plan of things once the kids get theirs, I am working on getting the wife riding and this will become hers. Then a new one for me. ;D

I want a 700R, but really do not think I need to spend $7300 on another quad. I never drag race, but love trail riding, sand and JUMPING. The Predator 500 has caught my eye lately, especially the TLD and the price is right on these!! You always hear people knocking the Predator, but it gets great reviews and the people that have them love them. Have heard that they suck at wheelies though and I love my wheelies!

What would you get?

The new Can-Am Renegade looks sick

Yea it has some neat stuff and looks cool but three things I do not like about the Renegade:

1. Dry weight of 600 lbs.
2. CVT
3. $9,299 msrp

Yea, I can't even imagine 800 cc how much torque/power that would have and a quad with that much ground clearance.

A place about 45 minutes away from me has a lot of washout trails that I drag my ass on. I was going up this one rutted hill about 20 feet high and 3/4 way up I started to feel the ass end drag in the dirt. The trail was skinny enough that I could not ride on top of the ruts and finally high centered it about a foot from the top. Shut it off and hopped off figuring I was going to watch the quad flip down, but I was able to slowly grab the front bumper and hold the front brake and bump the clutch to let it back down the hill. Trails like this I think a quad with IRS like the Outlaw would kick ass!!

My 11 year old daughter just rolled her eyes and stated that she knew I wouldn't make it. Ohhh these teenage years with her are going to be interesting...

Back