why me

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tistheman5

Reaction score
well my motor was messed up for a wile after i waterlocked it. so after a month waiting on parts and stuff i got it back togeather right before xmas and got it running without smoke :)

but it didnt run right at all, like the carb was off
so yesterday i decided to tune it. i tried giving it more fuel but that didnt help so i took the carb apart and made sure it was clean then set the needle back to what edel suggested to start all over with my carb tuning. after i got it back togeather i noticed this little gold looking needle ( i think its called a check needle or something) but i had to take apart my carb and drop it in this hole near the float. after i got this all back together i turned the fuel on and gas just starts poring out of the small line coming off the carb. (at this point im just plane pissed off) so i take it back apart and check the float and it seemes to be alright not stuck or anything and put it back togeather. gas still pores out. WTF do i do? is there some spring that goes with the small needle or something? help :'(

Well for some reason the fuel is not getting shut off, will it fire up? Ive never had this problem, i only noticed a little fuel had come out of the line after a few open runs, but i figured, it was because of the bigger needle i put in, and it was just a little rich.

Yu put something back together wrong bro dunno go over everything carefully. But yeah there is a little brass check needle that will fall out when u take the bowl off - you have to watch that.

well i caint seem to find a breakdown diagram of the carb so if anyone can show me one that would help. of if anyone knows if there is a spring that goes with the check needle? any help would be great. Thanks

well i caint seem to find a breakdown diagram of the carb so if anyone can show me one that would help. of if anyone knows if there is a spring that goes with the check needle? any help would be great. Thanks

I am pretty sure there is no spring (almost positive).

have you tried to contact edelbrock and see if they would email you a break down list of the carb.

have you tried to contact edelbrock and see if they would email you a break down list of the carb.

And if you get one, don't forget your freinds back here at YFM350central.

Post it up, or have it hosted somewhere...

yea ill give them a call tomorow and see if they will send me one. and i wont forget ya lol

Latest posts

Back