why i don't race hondas anymore...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
Getting bored, thought i'd post up a couple pics sequencing the event of the first and only run I made with my honda crx "tough trux" race car. On the day of the race the sumbitch decided it only wanted to run on 3 of it's cylinders, and then right at the base of the final ramp it hit the rev limiter, further initiating the nosedive. Amazingly the little pos still ran after the impact, even with the exhaust manifold jammed into the radiator so bad the radiator was folded like a v. The whole front subframe was trashed too. That was a little embarrassing though, to do a nosedive right off the edge of the ramp in front of 4,000 rednecks.

647b86e799bdba110d0cc2c21b8da398.jpg

249d92040d8c10ff2e2d5f0e14f7c33e.jpg

cf551b84f421eb3376640fba6dbdcef4.jpg

A "tough truck" race is were you take a car/truck, perferably one you dont want anymore, race it around a circut with jumps, and just generally beat the crap out of it, for fun and redneck glory.

o hahaha i didnt see that in his description that it was a rough truck race....i go to those all the time at our fairs in the summer....ever seen a car though. hahaha thats sweet.

A "tough truck" race is were you take a car/truck, perferably one you dont want anymore, race it around a circut with jumps, and just generally beat the crap out of it, for fun and redneck glory.

well said. This particular track was about 100 yards long, and doubled back twice. the first straight weaves between a few 55 gallon drums, over some railroad ties, then there's a tight figure 8 around some big tractor tires at the end. Then you have another straightaway with some small whoops, some logs to slam over, and at the end of this straightaway you have to come to a complete stop before you can continue. Then you make a 180 and giv'er hell through the last straight, and hit that trailer jump with every ounce of speed you can find. The faster you hit it the better, because if you go too slow you nosedive like I did. The best though is when somebody only hits half the ramp or forgets to disconnect their airbag lol. We also had a 4 door nissan sentra we ran a couple times, the second time we got good airtime, but still landed so hard that the radiator actually was crushed and exploded on impact when the subframe got pushed up. Damn good fun though, out here in PA we've got a couple Amish guys with old subarus and amc eagles that own everbody just about every time around, crazy ****.

I want to do it again sometime, but i'm doing it with either an 80's vw golf or a cherokee this time, or possibly a 1st gen ranger. I shouldn't have expected much out of a car I bought for $100 though, and I beat the crap out of it running it around the woods and fields for a couple months before I raced it, so I still got my money's worth. Heck, when I take it in for scrap i'll probably get back most of the money I spent on it. The biggest regret I have is we spent a bunch of time putting a roll bar in it, and never got a chance to roll it over.

That looks fun as hell! What's cool is it only cost you $100 too...

Sick...
I would love to do that ****!

Come on up man, we'll find you a car ;) I think the nissan still has a few more runs in it if I just loop the coolant lines and bypass the radiator. ;D

**** man, how far are u from albany NY ill come down and beat the piss out of some cars....not my own though cause i need to get rid of it, i have been looking for a **** car i can fix and sell to make a little bit of $ or to KILL

Latest posts

Back