Why do people say 350 warriors are for "Kids"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jersey42

Reaction score
ok, i hear all this talk about how 350 warriors are underpowerd and suck, and are only good for younger teens. i own a 2003 warrior and call total BS. i was just curious to see as to how many adults do alot of hardcore trail riding with these machines?

Ummm Id venture to guess that about atleast 75% of the regulars on here are adults. Some of them even as full size as me 250 lbs 6'5". Its all in how much you want to compensate for lack there of, with bigger machines!!!LOL:haha:

ok, i hear all this talk about how 350 warriors are underpowerd and suck, and are only good for younger teens. i own a 2003 warrior and call total BS. i was just curious to see as to how many adults do alot of hardcore trail riding with these machines?

They are forsure underpowered, and the suspension isn't the best. Butthey are great quads. Reliable, and solid platforms. I don't see why people call them "teen" quads...

I'd think plenty of owners of the "adult quads" buy them in an attempt to compensate for lack of riding talent :iagree:.

Well not to stir the pot or anything, but they are kinda small..
I like my warrior, but I'm only 5'6 160lbs.. But their kinda heavy, their under powered, and they don't handle very well. (in stock form)

The 350 is reliable.. But it's very expensive to work on.. I also found that there wasn't much of a performance gain to be had on the popular parts offered.
The motor itself is the heavy part of the quad, that's why I swapped mine out to something cheaper, and easier to work on.

Also their an outdated platform.. Thats why I think most people bash them..

You either love the YFM. Or hate it.
(I like them, their as tuff as nails)
That's my 2 cents.

Expensive to work on? Idk where u were getting parts but warriors are some of the cheapest bikes to work on/build. U ever worked on a yfz or 450r cams are expensive as hell along with everything else, hell u gotta buy shims just to adjust the valves. not trying to argue but I have to disagree with that statement.

X3 look up the engine components to build a hoped up kfx or yfz 450 its rediculess!!

got to looking at suspension and for the parts that will go on my kfx im looking at close to 3,200 retail... i have under 1k in my warrior suspension retail.

Best damn Trail Machine made. One of the most reliable quads out there.

:tup::tup: I hear for kids and girls quad. I see people of all ages rockin a warrior. Us people that like reliability and cheap maintenance, know whats up.

Whatever. There just an old stye design and machine, and if you dont have the newest 450, your quad is for kids. Its alos the engine size, since 450 and bigger are now the common quad, anything 4stroke lower then 450 is "for kids".

Whatever. When people see my quad and goes "whats that?" and I tell them a warrior, they either say, "no way, I had no idea they could be that cool", or "why did you waste your money".

Haters gunna hate.

My co-workers son just went through his 450 a year ago and laid out $3200 for engine and suspension upgrades. Him and a friend did the labor part of it all so it would have been more.

personally, i dunno if i'd turn a kid loose with these things at all. maybe in stock form, but that's a big maybe. i feel it's too heavy for an inexperienced rider. one roll over could spell trouble for a little person. i let my gf ride it and i worry enough then.

myself though, i wouldn't take any other quad over it except for a yfz450r. i have rode with my cousin and his trx 450r and i have made it outta the woods under my own power twice when he has failed to. once from flipping it and me towing him out and for a damn timing advance issue. he will not talk **** to me at all because i can throw that in his face.

"yep, the ole warrior made it out alive towing an 08 450r" he laughs reluctantly. lol

gosh, if i had a video camera that day hahaha

Didn't they use to be the biggest quad out there when 4 strokes came along and stuff? And it was the first ATV to have electric start?

The Yamaha Warrior 350 was in ATV offroad fury 1 for the PS2 :D

Latest posts

Back