Who's ride is the most powerfull?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
Ok, everybody is busy with putting things on the Warrior and Raptors but who has the most powerfull bike now? ::)

I know it's not me but am very interested in knowing who's is. ;D

Me! lol j/k mine runs good but its not the fastest. I would probably say dave's is after he gets his 446.

on the dyno probrobly daves.... that 446 kit is awesome. next is someone with a 400 hot rod or alba motor. bad04s was a pretty sweet bike. his and daves would most likely run close.

Well Mickey Dunlap told me his Warrior 446 with stock carb dynoed at 42HP, so I got the same motor work and an Edelbrock carb, so who knows. He said don't worry it'll be a big difference from the stock 18HP lol.

id like to see a video of that bike in action once you got that 446 squared away....itll be faster than a geo prizm

woah woah... mickeys claiming 42 at the rear wheels? the stock puts 18 at the rear and 27 at the motor. i can see 42 at the motor but not put down. 33-36 at the wheels seems much more resonable - basically doubling your output.

im sure it will feel like 42 but thats a very high number for someone to put at the wheels. a hi comp, piped, camed, valved, ported, and piped 450 puts out 42-43 to the rear.

im sure she'll haul but dont be suprised if you put down mid 30s on a dyno.

366 with a cam port polish hi comp piston will probrobly give you 23-27 out back while a 400 will get you low 30s and arond 40 at the motor.

not sure on the #s but 42 is huge

Blah....power is overrated. The rider is what makes all the magic hapen ;D Which is why I'll never own a 450, I think I'd seriously scare myself.

what all do you got done ds?

12:1 arias piston .020 over
.430 race cam with titanium valve components
Edelbrock carb
Single stage uni filter with basically no box
Yoshimura exhaust
Hotshots ignition coil
Slight porting
HD clutch with extra plate.... (which has needed replaced since all this work has been done)

you know just the basics. Its enough to put me about 3-4 lengths in front of your average 400 and just about even with a bone stock 660 .

you know it has to be kinda fast when guys on 660's are asking you "what the hell is that thing"

Warriorxcr thats on a rear wheel dyno, and I've seen high compression piped,and cammed 450Rs making over 50HP. Hey a lot of people doubt Mickey but the guy tells how it is. He also said it's a different kind of power then the big three quads are making, the 446 Warrior engine is making it's power around 7000 RPM were the 450 quads are making that power with pipes around 10,000 RPM, so that saying the warrior is still no MXer, it is still a trail quad at heart, those other bikes will still win in a top speed race. And everyone who still doubts a 2 valve engine needs to look further into it, here is your example, 2006 Chevy Corvette, 6.0L 2 valve pushrod V8 motor, 405HP, Ford Mustang Cobra, 4.6L dual overhead cam 4 valve supercharged V8 390HP, alright the chevy has the displacement but, big BUT, the ford is supercharged and has 16 more valves, tons more technology, and still makes 15HP less, put a supercharger on the Vette, with the avarage gain of 40% more HP and you end up with 567HP.
Also Suzuki has used the old atiquated 2 valve aircooled GS motor in drag racing for years, and to this day, still one of the fastest platforms in which to build upon. Just a small example, so doubt the 2 valve motor. Everthing is taylored to it's spicific use, and has a pupose.

Back