whos rid dune and what dunes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rap

Reaction score
ive been to dunes in nevada: AMARGOSA DUNES, SAND MOUNTAIN ,NELLIS DUNES ,WINNEMCCA DUNES ,CLAYTON VALLEY DUNES ,UTAH: SAND HOLLOW ,CALIFORNIA: DUMONT DUNES, GIAMIS DUNES THATS A LOTS OF DUNES IVE BEEN TO IF YOU GO TO THE DUNES YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO RIDE ANEY WERE ELSE BUT U HAVE TO GO TO MAJAOR DUNES LIKE ME

Me and my buddys are going to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan in either February or April.

The riding in canada is great. where i live there is 15 acres of forest and trails on my property, my neighbour has 30 acres of hayfields and 2 gravel pits, theres another gravel pit next to it, another 20 acres of fields and a huge forest with mud runs and everything and about a 5 min drive down the road at my friend's theres a professional track and over 300 acres of fields and trails. its sweet where i live

I've been to Sand Lake Oregon. It is very nice there. I am planning to go to Glamis sometime this spring. I live maybe a lil over 3hrs away.
Dunes are fun but I love riding in the socal area regardless. I love desert riding. I've been out by Palm Springs and Victorville. Hungry Valley SVRA
I've rode out here in Riverside. I have been riding in Western Washington and I have to say I like desert riding a lot better.
100_2533.jpg

Go to silver lake if you're near MI, and the Bull Gap trail system. That hill climb and the trails rock!!!

I have only ridden at silver lake dunes i am about 2 1/2 hours from their. They dont open untill APRIL 1 so u cant go in feburary. i would recommend goin in the summer it is much funner when it isn't cold and in april and may it is atleast 10 degress lower than the actually temp because of the wind coming off of lake michigan. Silver lake is awsome!!!! i ride their like 5-6 times a year.

Well we were gonna go in April just becasue of the week off from school. How would a pretty much stock Warrior do there?

umm Well with paddles it will go probably anywhere. If you dont have paddles then it would depend on rider experience. Since on go thei 5-6 times a year i would be able to go about anywhere.Goin in april is a good idea because the ope april 1st so the dunes will still be firm and some what wet. The firm and wetness will help u lots more that paddles. Mostly depends on rider experience though.Good luck. Make sure u have a flag for all the quads or u can buy one up their. Make sure u also have a spark arrestor they are required.

Thanks for the info. But I do have another Q. Since i'm under 16 i'm gonna have to take that Michigan ATV safety course, right?

Well i took the course. I went last year and i was 14 and i am about 150 lbs. and about 5 foot 6 in so they didn't stop me. It just depends some people stop u and ask to see that u completed the course some of the kids that are goin to college an work their in the summer never even thought twice about stopping me. If you want to be safe though u need to take a course. The course i took was in Calhoun County i went on a friday night for 3 hours then went saturday for the rididng part. This seems like a lot of trouble for u to go through to ride the dunes. Their is only like 3 times of year they offer the course so good luck finding out when they are i tried to get the dates for my buddy but i couldn't find them. If you didn't want to go through all this trouble u could always to go Attica, Indiana. This riding area offers every thing some track,dunes,hills,woods. Here is the web site www.badlandsoffroad.com

Back