who has done the extra clutch steel mod?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
just want to get a idea of who all have done this mod and how much better it has made the clutch and If it is worth doing? my clutch slips if I shift fast and throttle hard right after and then it grabs but if I shift normal and throttle easy it's fine will this mod fix that?

Should.

There's upwards of 30ppl on here running it including myself. Even when putting in a new clutch in you wanna put the extra in it it will grab better smother and last longer with it.

I have it done seemed to help but i also did new plates at the same time. Im about due for a new clutch... slipping a little on the road

does it matter where I put the extra steel? I am planning on putting it in the same spot as the thread shows but just curious?
and what are the wave washers that some leave out?

mines still great lol im buyin tusk clutches ahead of time...and will do this mod when the new ones go in sorry if i jacked the thread but idk who u were refering to...

mines still great lol im buyin tusk clutches ahead of time...and will do this mod when the new ones go in sorry if i jacked the thread but idk who u were refering to...

I would suggest going with EBC instead of the tusk. I had a tusk and it wasnt made as well as oem

so back to this ?

does it matter where I put the extra steel? I am planning on putting it in the same spot as the thread shows but just curious?
and what are the wave washers that some leave out?
can anyone answer these ?'s for me please.

Hey Weston any pros or cons on leaving the wave washer out or in with an extra steel?what do they do?

Leave em in they can cause a premature failure and wear grooves in the hub boss and cause it to fail.

Take em out it last longer, but the clutch is more abrupt but isnt noticeable.

i've heard quite a lot of good things about tusk clutches.

See now ive heard some people love them and some hate them. Me personally after owning the kit and running it for a while it was slipping right away even with the extra steel. In the dirt you dont notice it so much but if you go out on the road and powershift through a couple gears you will notice. It sounds and feels like your tires are spinning but they arent. I really like the sounds of the driveline clutch. Ill be ordering one up soon.

i still haven't done this mod. i just haven't felt like tearing back into this turd to do it lol.

Latest posts

Back