WHICH PISTON SHOULD I BUY??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henroc

Reaction score
:cool: FIRST OFF, WANNA SAY WZUP TO ALL ON THIS SITE! & THANX FOR ANY ADVICE YOU GUYS COME UP WITH! I AM THE PRODE OWNER OF A 98'WARRIOR. I JUST WANTED TO REFRESHEN THE MOTOR, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT DOESN'T SMOKE OR KNOCK. I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED KIBBLE WHITE, VALVES, SPRING KIT, & GUIDES W/ SEALS (VALVES ARE STD. SIZE) & A STAGE 1 HOT CAMS CAMSHAFT. JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT SIZE PISTON SHOULD I GO WITH? I'M REALLY NOT LOOKING FOR A CRAZY RIDE, THATS ONLY BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OVER HEATING THE MOTOR OR TAKING AWAY ANY TYPE OF RIDABILTY FROM THE BIKE. DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO..... AGAIN THANX FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!! ;D

youve got to find out the size of the piston is, you never really know if someone in the past has rebuilt it or not, unless you bought it brand new. after to find out its stock size or what not, Just go up to the next size. Stock is 83mm, Go with a .20 over if its stock! Here what I normaly get

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-WARRIOR-WISECO-020-PISTON-KIT-GASKETS-FREE-S-H_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem140304088611QQitemZ140304088611QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Ya you do have to bore it out if u just wanna refresh it you could just put new rings in or i have always had really good luck with the stock oversize piston!

if you tear it apart and the cylinder walls do not have any scratches and looks fine (your shop should be able to tell) then just a re-hone will work if you just want to put in a new piston that has higher compression. two times i had to rebuild my engine because of engine failure (both times was camshaft bearing failure) which i had no choice but to bore to the next size because the cylinder wall always got damaged in the process when peices broke.

pretty much any company will have a piston thats equal to or better then OEM. wiseco is pretty good for the money, but if you want top quality, JE has a little better quality from what i have read. i have ran both companies and i dont have any complaints from either.

Thats a big mistake with a hotcam.

For one... you should not run any piston 11:1 or higher in the warrior without some form of higher octane. And No octane boosters from the local gas station dont work either. You should run it on a 50/50 mix of race gas and regular gas at least. With a piston like this your also looking at the motor running a ton hotter. Which basically means you cant be dunking it in mudholes all the time, and be doing slow woods riding.

The hotcam is an ok cam despite what everyone says. However its kinda limited as far as performance. The only big reccomendation i can make for you is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP THE VALVES ADJUSTED. With stock valve springs i dont know why but its loves to work those nuts loose. Im talking about adjusting the valves every month or sooner.

I've had many motor combo's on my warrior and my reccomendation for you is to go with a standard bore wiseco piston with the hotcam.

I had the same motor combo with an exhaust and airfilter and it was pretty peppy for a warrior. Even back then i turned alot of heads

Lol turn you farking caps off man, DSWarrior, to be honest, with my clutch cover oil cooler mod, Mine wasnt that hot, and also after my break in, I ran just 93 and it ran just fine, I stoped mixing with 108 just to see. But maybe I got lucky, I had my piston chanphered to take away all the the sharp edges to take away any chance to pre-ignition.

Latest posts

Back