which 1

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedped79

Reaction score
im redoing the topend on my motor and im deciding wats better to rejet the carb or buy a dial a jet for it. which one is easier to tune and which one provides most reliable performance?
thanks steve

I'm not sure how well the dial-a-jet works. It just seems like an unreliable design, and more things to possibly go wrong out on the trail. It probably takes more time to rejet the carb properly, but i'd expect rejetting to be more reliable. I've heard complaints about the dial-a-jet causing the motor to cut out during wheelies, and i'd assume the same thing would happen on a steep hill climb. Going up a steep hill would be a very inconvenient time to lose power.

Jet the carb. It is not hard and there is a very good tutorial on this site that tells you with pics how to do it. Very easy. I had bad fuel probs and these guuys helped me and mine is perfect now. Cost me $9.00

k thanks im buying my parts from magicracing.com they sell single jets what ones should i buy

Well, I bought a few to play with. I bought a #155, 157.5, and 160. I am running the 160. Almost everyone would say I am to high on the jetting but for some reason it was running out of fuel with any smaller jet. If I were you I would most likely buy a 150, 152.5, and 155 and try them out and see how it runs. For some reason mine needed more fuel, it is either a freak or maybe something else is wrong I haven't figured out yet. You will need more air to go with the fuel so air box mods will need to be made. The tutorial on this site is awesome. Pics are good and it is easy to understand. Read it, it will come in handy!

the dial a jet is a good inprovement over stock but is still like a beginer stage and it is really easy to tune...i just went that way because it was a little gain until i got my edelbrock

the dial a jet is a good inprovement over stock but is still like a beginer stage and it is really easy to tune...i just went that way because it was a little gain until i got my edelbrock
is it better than just rejetting

Latest posts

Back