where to spend $

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miami1

Reaction score
my father in law gave me a budget of around $1500 to throw at his sons warrior. the problem is im not sure what to do, it has a lot of stuff already, when we bought it the guy said it has the hotrods stroker kit with high comp piston but it runs like a turd and ive never had any problems running pump gas. its got a durablue axle wicked a-arms a giant gas tank protaper bars and itp wheels.

i know im going to order a carb for it since it still has the stock pos on it. but after that im not sure wht to do............

any ideas?

i guess i should list every thing this bike has.

large fuel tank (dont know brand)
works shocks all around
ims pegs
nerfs
durablue axle
full armor
k&n filter
fmf exhaust
itp wheels
pro taper bars
after market bumper
trimed fenders
trail tech computer
wicked a-arms
parking brake block of

and im sure im forgeting something (its not mine and we boughtwith most of this already on it)

any pics of it? and i'd say if it runs like a turd i'd start by rebuilding the motor and putting a cam in it...

Last edited:
yea im tinking ill send the head and cyl. off for some tlc. but i dont know if it really has the stroker crank in it.

my o7 raptor will blow it away but i think just changing the carb would make a huge difference since its a 400 with a carb thats barly big enough for the 350

any pics of it? and i'd say if it runs like a turd i'd start by rebuilding the motor and putting a cam in it...

Yeah lets see some pics of that beast it sounds sweet. I agree with kyler, if its a turd start rebuilding the motor. A real stroker kit will NOT be a turd. They will keep paces with a banshee. You could go with an edlebrock, FCR, or Z400 carb. I personally run and edle, which is super easy to tune.

Last edited:
what if its a stroker and still has the factory carb? would a simple carb change bring it to life?

Maybe a trip to the dyno wouldn't hurt either. the techs that run it should be able to help you with ideas where the money would be best spent too.

what if its a stroker and still has the factory carb? would a simple carb change bring it to life?

The stock carb is nothing like an aftermarket carb for performance. But it still should be quite fast even with the stock carb on it if it really is a stroker.

yeah im thinkin the guy either lied to us or got screwed himself and didnt know it.

how could i tell when i take the head off?

If its a hotrods stroker the rod and crank will say hotrods on it. the hotrods crank look a lil diff. to the stock crank. If its a 396 stroker there should be some kind of shims in between the head and cylinder. With the longer stroker the piston will be closer to the head, so it will need shimmed a bit to clear the valves.

I would take it apart and measure the stroke with digital caliper first, hot rods had a bunch of cranks made that were +4mm instead of +7mm so if somebody used the +7mm stroker piston on a +4 stroker crank the piston will be about 1.5 mm lower at top dead center and be low on compression. I just put together a +4 hot rod stroker crank with a 88mm piston and you can really feel the difference.

Latest posts

Back