where do i get extended a-arms

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay.....check into wicked, fullflight, or ASR (American Star Racing) and every once and a while there will be a part out on craigslist if your lucky.

MY BRO HAS THESE A ARMS. THEY SEEM TO HOLD UP VERY WELL! HE SMACKED INTO A LIGHT POST DOING ABOUT 45-50 MPH & DID NOTHING TO THE ARMS OR TIE RODS. BUT THE FRAME ON THE OTHER HAND WAS TWISTED INTO A KNOT!

Just got those.......great product! If you get them your going to want and upgrade to Honda style tie rod and tie rod ends. The Yamaha design sucks when you add +2 in of length. Honda style ends tread onto the rod instead of Yamaha's design of being the other way around.

so dont use the tie rods that come in the kit?

Yeah, as long as you get +2's it'll be 2 inches wider per side, 4 total.

The stock tie rods and ends are only 10mm studs which is really weak in my opinion. The ASR kit uses the original old tie rod ends, just with rods that are 2 inches longer. I spent a lot of time breaking my stock tie rods and getting stuck with broken rod ends before I gave up and got aftermarket rods and ends.

In my opinion, the way to go is with heavy duty stock style rods and ends, they are built like the originals but with stronger rods and the studs are 12mm instead of 10, which is a lot more signifigant of a difference than it sounds. I got a set with stainless +2 rods made to order for $100 shipped on ebay.

Before those I tried the Tusk Honda style tie rods with the male rods and female ends, and like most every other piece of Tusk crap I bought, I ended up tossing it all in the trash. The ball joints are built like crap. One of mine was actually loose right out of the box, and within i'd say 5 months the rubber boots that are supposed to keep the grease in and dust out were splitting and falling off, after that the ends were shot within a couple rides. $100 in the shitter.

Yeah I read the tusk style are crap as well but they do last a little longer then the stockers. I plan on getting the ASR Honda style beefy tie rods and tie rod ends.

ok thanks guys i just didnt want to go an drop 500 bucks and have some **** brake

deadlastracing said:
Yeah I read the tusk style are crap as well but they do last a little longer then the stockers. I plan on getting the ASR Honda style beefy tie rods and tie rod ends.

No, they won't last nearly as long as the stock ones. Stock ones can last forever, I bought a set off an 87 that were original and still like new. You just have to be more cautious around rocks and roots with them. Tusks lasted 3 months because they use some cheap chinese rubber for the boots, the grease eats away at it or something and then the whole thing is shot. The design of the rods is stronger, but that's no good if you gotta replace the ends 4 times a year.

Stock one will work but eventuality you'll break one if you do upgrade to the +2 arms. I've ridden many a time with kids sportin +2 a-arms and there stock tie rod ends break then there stuck, No steering! Save yourself ride time now and upgrade to the 12mm or some other style ends.

Latest posts

Back