where are you oil???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namelesskilla

Reaction score
today b4 i went to the glades my oil was full then i came back after ridein for like 6 hours i was cleanin the bike and i drived it to the back yard and i look at my dip stick and there was no oil...... theres no leaks i looked all over, its not burnin it theres no smoke at all then i had to go, so my question is when you run your bike and check the oil right after you rode it is that much oil still up in the head and everywhere else and then after so many mins does it go back to the bottom of the block?!?!??

Mine takes about as long as it takes to unscrew the dip stick.

A little bit of the oil will stay in other parts of the engine for a while, but not enough to make it appear low when you check it. If you're sure the oil is low, it's gotta be getting out somewhere.

First, how do you check your oil? Do you screw the dipstick in and then take the reading, or do you check it unthreaded? According to yamaha, you're supposed to do it unthreaded. And did you have it sitting on perfectly level ground both times?

I lose a little bit of oil when I ride, but I know it's leaking out between the engine cases at the back because of the shitty cardboard gaskets yamaha used in the factory. Did you check over it real good for leaks underneath the engine, and around the drain plug?

is ur exhaust blue? or thick and hazey? you could be burning a **** ton of oil but you would be noticing it cuz u would look like a bug fogger coming through the trails

no smoke at all, i unscrewed the dip stick then cleaned it off the screwed it back in and the was nothing there i looked all over the block i cant find **** i put about 2/3's of a bottle in it of oil and i tryin to fix this now cuz i am about to put the big bear oil cooler on i got half of the stuff now

First of all how many hours do you have on the motor. Secondly your burning it, especially if your rippin it at high RPM. I say that because if the cylinder didn't break in right. This is the biggest reason Yamaha says to break in the motor for 20hrs at low rpm with high rpm blasts, but don't load the motor too much. My boy Rob didn't follow the break in proceedure when he bought his warrior new and it burned oil, the day he took it outta the show room he was just rippin it.

check inside the airbox. If something went wrong inside the engine the oil could be blowing through the crankcase breather and into the intake snorkel, than back down into the airbox. That's about the only other possibility I can think of right now. There's only so many ways oil can leave your engine. Burn it, leak it, or spit it through the breather is all I can think of.

the motor has about 40 hours or more and didnt rip it for the frist oil change and a half it dosent smoke at and rpm so i dont think its burnin it and about the air box idea my air box is clean

check ur drain plug if its loose or the o ring is missin than it may be leakin out the there

If it's not leaking there is only 2 reasons it could be low on oil. Either its burning it or it was low to begin with.

Believe me an engine can burn oil without giving off visible smoke. Ride that sucker hard for about 10 minutes and check the oil, fill as necesary. Then take it out and ride it hard all day. If its low after that and you don't see any leaks you are burning oil.

great.... i hope its not burinin oil that going to cost me a arm and a leg.......

i just put the big bear cooler on now the line is leakin..... my bike hates me

Did you have the cooler on prior to losing all your oil..

With the cooler your going to have to add more than a little over 2 quarts

no i lost the oil b4 the cooler was on but i just got all my stuff in for the oil cooler so i put it on and now it takes 3 full quarts

well dude my best advice is to monitor the oil every ride, unless its fogging the area your ride, you shouldn't be loosen much oil, unless u filled it wrong. If it really isn't burning that much oil keep ridin it till it gets worse, i've seen people ridding with a quart of oil duct taped to their fender becasue they were burning soo much oil, at that point I would have definatley fixed it, but still, if your looking for a cheap way out just add the oil u burn.

Back