Wheels question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aubryblaster97

Reaction score
okay, i know imma get alot of "no dont do that it" responses but could somehow i run 25x10x12s on the back of my warrior? my friends mom bought some extra tires for my friends foreman and she said i can have them if i can use them. the tires are kenda executioners. im willing to do about anything

You can run em as long as you can gear it right for that big of a size. If the gearing is not right it will be hard on the motor and for surely burn up ur clutch real fast

That gearing would be more for a 446 motor with 20's... Maybe a 12 and a 43 or 44 tooth... Not sure, theres gotta be some kind of gearing calculator somewhere

start with a 11 tooth front sprocket and see how that goes, if it's still slugish go to a bigger rear srpocket (like a 42,43,44, or bigger). Chain and both srpockets should be changed at the same time beacuse they all wear together. But if you buy a front sprocket 1st which is the cheapest and just give it a test run it will be ok to reuse

By the old thread on getting a rough calculation, a 12/42 with 25" tires is just about the same as factory gearing.

The calculation is front sprocket divided by the back sprocket times the tire height. So stock gearing of 13/40 with 22's is 7.15 and 12/42 with 25's is 7.1428. If ya wanted a little more torquey feel go 11/42.

whoa whoa whoa those wont work unless you got a set of 12" wheels for the rear sorry bub but if you had 25x10x9s they would work

12" rims can probably be made to fit, he'll just have to take his time drilling holes. Ive though about finding something like that just for mudding.

works out perfect then, i can get itp delta steel rims and run them in the back

My Warrior had 25's on it when I got it,..... Believe it or not it wasn't that sluggish. I'd try just a 12 in the front & see how ya like it. I went from those 25's to 20" holeshots & yeah it was a good bit of difference in how quick it revved but I wouldn't call it lazy with the 25's. They really had a kinda flat tractor like tread on em & weren't much bigger in size than a set of stock 22" balloons. I guess it depends on the tire some.

Back