wheel spacers......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nydiggz

Reaction score
i just put 2 inch wheel spacers on each wheel all around the wheeler( 02 warrior) widing out the front 4 inches and the rear 4 inches. just looking for some feed back of pros and cons of my new setup. thanx. im thinking that ill get a more mud and dirt throw, but corning should be better, and a bit more stable aswell.

i just put 2 inch wheel spacers on each wheel all around the wheeler( 02 warrior) widing out the front 4 inches and the rear 4 inches. just looking for some feed back of pros and cons of my new setup. thanx. im thinking that ill get a more mud and dirt throw, but corning should be better, and a bit more stable aswell.

Yes your corning stability will greatly increase. You will for sure get more mud and dirt thrown at you! As long as you got the solid aluminum spacers you should be fine. Its them junk spacers that only extend the studs are whats dangerous

yeah your gonna want to stock up on tie rod ends.. i ate mine like crazy when i was spaced out in front..

I have them, it softened up my sus. and have had no problems at all!

buy some spar tie rod ends and take them with yah when you go on a wheelin trip. If you romp on your machine good enough, your gunna bend or bust them. Added stress on already light ends can be a bad combo.

thanx for all the input but now you got me worried because they are just the bolt extensions, not a solid peice but 4 peices for each wheel.(a buddy gavem to me, he sold his quad and the buyer didnt want them,they look brand new) should i just takem off and turn front wheels around to widen and leave the back alone?

heres what you have i am assuming..

DSCN2135.jpg

they look cool

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2159_cr.jpg

but they sick if you flip your wheels AND run them.. look at how exposed your caliper is..

DSCN2139.jpg

DSCN2141.jpg

again, when i ran them i never felt unsafe.. but i did eat tie rod ends like crazy.. and eventyually it got annoying.. because i was worried about busting a tie rod all the time..

They make some that are soid plastic and have wheel stud extensions that fit verry very tightly and those are better then those but not as strong as the solid alumm ones

ya those are the ones i have,didnt turn my wheels around though, but the look strong. tookem off anyway, dont need to be buying parts that dont need to be reuned by **** like wheel spacers( that i dont really need anyway.) i have 16 of them forsale enough to space each wheel 2 inchs on whole wheeler if anybody wants them.

I have the solid wheel spacers, and ran them once and then took them off didn't like them, they sucked in the sand hit a rut or a rough of dunes and it will force your handle bars to lock one way or the other, though it did make it lots easier to turn and make the steering feel light.

I don't know what these are just know they are thick and heavy, looks pretty well built. I don't know if I would ever even use them again.

Since you already have the extended studs, why not buy some new wheel bolts, and weld 2 together, and screw them on, then put the wheel on? I would think the bolts would be much stronger than the aluminum tube type spacer, and it wont slide off.

Since you already have the extended studs, why not buy some new wheel bolts, and weld 2 together, and screw them on, then put the wheel on? I would think the bolts would be much stronger than the aluminum tube type spacer, and it wont slide off.

i wouldnt ever weld a wheel stud together. that would be absolutely suicide. Im an engineering student and i can tell you from expereince that aluminum is a hell of alot stronger than most people think. that said i still wouldnt ever run the stud extensions. There isnt anything to keep the studs from flexing in different directions and thats what really make them dangerious as itll cause metal fatiuge and they will break when you least expect it. Welding would be even worse cause it wont ever be as strong as a single peice of steel not to mention the fact that studs are heat treated like bolts are and welding them will remove that and make it even weaker

I meant, weld two nuts, sorry, I said bolts... I will post a pic...

Back