What's the one thing you would change..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_700x

Reaction score
I'd like to hear from you all; what's the ONE most important thing you'd change or improve about your Wolverine?

Let's hear them! :)

I think its ok, I have only been registered for a little while now but I'm happy with it. I wish the photos where easier to browse through.

Thanks for the feedback, but the questions is, what's the one thing you'd change or improve about your Wolverine...not this site. lol :)

I have a 08 450 4x4 .Although I've made the mods already(pipe filter jets)it brings it to life. I'm sure most will agree semi-auto. Now that I've had it for a year it would be the best feature for this machine. Its def not a utilty quad.

Both my 00 and 04 had the same annoying squeak in the front end, and more power is always good.. thats all i can think of.

WOW, thats a tossup with me.......just one.....
More power would have been nice, you can never have enough and Yamaha had all the parts and pieces to make the 350 into a 400,
But i think i will have to vote for a push button 4x4 with a diff lock. IMO that would have been great on the older 350's .......
I see some already have the 350 turned into a 400+ motor using 400 Big Bear motor parts i've been wondering if a Big Bear 4x4 system could be fitted on one ???

Thanks for the feedback, but the questions is, what's the one thing you'd change or improve about your Wolverine...not this site. lol :)

Sorry for the confusion.... I would say more power because of its weight and the fact its an automatic ( I have an 06 450). I would like to see the new Grizzly 550 motor in it.

Found this somewhere and I figure the Wolvy is equal to the Kodiak 450 in power... at the bottom :(

Polaris 850______69.06 hp
Can Am 800 R____67.05 hp (updated 2/13 to 70.5 hp)
AC 1000_________65.84 hp
Can Am 800______61.7 hp
Can Am 650______55.4 hp
Brute 750 Carb____50.1 hp
Brute 750 EFI_____49.8 hp
King Quad 750____49.6 hp
AC Mud Pro_______49.06 hp
King 700_________48.5 hp
Polaris 800_______48.3 hp
Brute 650 I________46.3 hp
Grizzly 700________45.6 hp
Polaris 700_______44.3 hp
AC 700 H1_______41.4 hp
AC 700__________41.4 hp
Brute 650 ________41.4 hp (solid axle)
Grizzly 660_______40.9 hp
Can Am 500______40.4 hp
AC 650 H1_______39.3 hp
Rincon 680_______38.5 hp
Grizzly 550________36.9 hp
Sportsman 500_____36 hp
500 Foreman (fm and fe)_____26.9 hp
450 Kodiak_______ 26 Hp

Yea I'd have to say it's just a little underpowered for a 450, but still a great quad in every other aspect......just a little more 'thump' please Yamaha! :D

Here's my list:

1. More power....Maybe the new 550FI It seems like a lot of people don't take the Wolverine seriously because of the small motor in a sport machine. Don't get me wrong, I love mine until I ride with guys with BIG bores and I can't keep up.

2. A special edition that has more on it than different graphics and plastics. Perhaps some piggyback shocks or something.

3. If the engine was bigger, I'd be fine with the tranny that's in it now. If they kept the same smaller engine, then I'd want something I could shift.

4. Some accessories for it. Perhaps they could make a removable bag or something like that. BTW..I'm using a bag off of a Phazer snowmobile. It works pretty good after some mods.

5. Change the front bumper so that a Warn 2500 pound winch will fit.

6. Front diff lock would be nice at times. I mainly ride dry trails but have been stuck and probably could have got out if it had a diff lock.

That's about it for me.

I'd like to find a way to get rid of the rear brake squeeking at low speeds.

Buy EBC brake pads. That pretty much does it! Mine only squeaks after I wash it and leave it sitting. I just brake hard a couple of times and it gone again.

Buy EBC brake pads. That pretty much does it! Mine only squeaks after I wash it and leave it sitting. I just brake hard a couple of times and it gone again.

I have to tear em apart and clean them every other ride. Grease or lube the slides and put never seize on the pins. EBCS do a good job also, except with clay.

I would have to say that the biggest beef I have with my 99 is the lack of MUD PROTECTION, as soon as I get any kind of front wheel spin in I get covered in MUD!!
I need fender flairs.

front dif lock would be nice ... the 550 FI for sure... and better suspension...power steering Hello yamaha i'll buy one tomorrow lol oh yeah can I get it for under 7 grand out the door....

My short answer is it needs more power, Even for a 350 it is lacking in the power department.

Long answer is; I realize 350 isnt the most powerful motor to begin with but i have ridden Polaris 325s with more guts than my 350 Wolvie, If I could transplant a 660 motor into it I would...........I wonder if it can be done.... ?

I have the 07

1. A gas gauge would be nice

2. Of Course more power

3. EFI

on another note where do you guys get the EBC brakes.

Back