what type of racing do you perfer

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im gonna be trying hairscrambles and mx in the spring... not so much mx but ill try it for a while.. any knid of racing really.....

Ive seen some bad crashes on flat track. And how is it for pussies? But i guess its personal opinion, but IMO, from racing both MX is gay. You dont get to go fast, all u do is jump. Whoopdy ****** doo. And to be fast, u need to spend a lot of money for decent suspension. Flat track, all u need is setup, and motor mods (on big tracks).

[quote:ny071v81]cross country and motocross...but i like the fact that there is no risk in flatt
wtf no risk? ive seen some pretty bad **** while they are racing[/quote:ny071v81]

all you do is slide in circles...sure you may flip or bump into each other but anyone can do that on any type of track

...And to be fast, u need to spend a lot of money for decent suspension. Flat track, all u need is setup, and motor mods (on big tracks).

I would imagine motor mods to make a competitive Warrior would cost a good chink of change too, no?

...And to be fast, u need to spend a lot of money for decent suspension. Flat track, all u need is setup, and motor mods (on big tracks).

I would imagine motor mods to make a competitive Warrior would cost a good chink of change too, no?

Depends on the track. If its a bigger track, yes...you need more power. power=money. I understand spending a few hundred dollars to get a pretty powerful warrior motor. But when you spend $1500 for 3 shocks...i just cant really justify that. And odds are that you will need to have some power too, in MX. In flat track, its setup. Big track=more power. Smaller track=less power and more setup. You guys dont get it, setup is where its at.
Just a few opinions, i have MANY more.

[quote:ykc9tddu] wtf no risk? ive seen some pretty bad **** while they are racing

all you do is slide in circles...sure you may flip or bump into each other but anyone can do that on any type of track[/quote:ykc9tddu]

And your saying sliding around in circles isnt fun?? And technically they are ovals :p. I can guarantee that most of the people on this site like to get the ass end loose and slide comin out of a corner once in a while. ;D

[quote:mnqys7vp] wtf no risk? ive seen some pretty bad **** while they are racing

all you do is slide in circles...sure you may flip or bump into each other but anyone can do that on any type of track[/quote:mnqys7vp] yeah you slide in circles (ovals) but your also doing 70 + mph :cool:

Ive seen some bad crashes on flat track. And how is it for pussies? But i guess its personal opinion, but IMO, from racing both MX is gay. You dont get to go fast, all u do is jump. Whoopdy ****** doo. And to be fast, u need to spend a lot of money for decent suspension. Flat track, all u need is setup, and motor mods (on big tracks).

What MX tracks have you raced on reg? You don’t get to go fast!!!? Riding MX tracks is all about going fast, you’re either WOT or on the ******* breaks dude. You are pushing your limits around every corner, table, whoop run, double/triple you come up on. On the track you’re in 3-4-5th constantly trying to stay ahead and out jump/out corner the other!! Flat track is no skill bitch pussy ****; not to knock on you bro but with your stock width and stock suspension you must have not been riding MX at all anytime/anywhere serious.

On a flat track if you’re on the front inside and grab the hole and can keep people from passing - you won & that’s it.

When you are hitting doubles and tables in 4th-5th that you are getting 14'+ of air off of, skimming over the tops of whoops hanging the **** on, and taking full 180 degree turns going faster then you ever are on a flat track its def. not pussy. On a MX track you round a turn WOT going as fast as you and your bike will allow & BARELY have enough time to line up with the next jump and be straight so you don’t end up sideways in the air. If you’re that slow on the MX track that you have the time to tool around and just think it’s about hitting jumps here and there you obviously don’t belong on one. When you are racing the track wears you out in spots you didn’t even know you had muscle in. It’s about speed, endurance, skill, & balls my friend. You know what it’s like going around a flat track after a while? If you stand there and watch me tinkle that’s how exciting and extreme it gets.

If you cant justify spending over $1,500.00 on a set of three shocks you have never hit a jump and got air higher then you stand. The expensive shocks make it seem like your landing on a cloud and the stockers and cheapos well... Why not just throw yourself onto the ground then?

yea, and lts all personal opinion. The track i raced at was an indoor small track. In the strait i only hit 3rd or 4th. I was getting hella high though. I will admit, it was fun as hell, but i prefer flat track. But then again, i was raised around racecars (oval track) so i was kinda 'molded' into it. One thing i didnt like is that u are CONSTANTLY moving around and thinking "oh **** am i going to hit this guy, am i going to get passed, what line do i use...etc etc." and in flat track, you still move, but not like in MX. I bet if i had better suspension and if it was an outdoor track i would have liked it more.

[quote:zaj0c5tv]

all you do is slide in circles...sure you may flip or bump into each other but anyone can do that on any type of track
yeah you slide in circles (ovals) but your also doing 70 + mph :cool:[/quote:zaj0c5tv]

you are right but you can do that anywhere

not without rollin multiple times. Go out in some dirt, get topped out and try getting sideways, and tell me your results...that is, if u can still speak afterwards.

Back