What to do?!?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomsling

Reaction score
My stock exhaust has rusted out on my 05 Wolvy. I'm about to pull the trigger on an HMF slip on and a K&N Filter. Here's the question. Should i just change the main jet like HMF recomends, or get a dynojet kit and do the main, needle, fuel screw, and drilling?

Thanks in advance.
boomsling

Edit: WOW!! I didn't realize that I asked the same question about 3 years ago in the "How to change main jet" thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally have always just changed the main and pilot jets to where I need them, and adjust the stock needle if need be. *shrugs*

i would:) get the dyno jet kit. when you re drill the slide its so much better. i went down to a 120 main up here at about 7000 feet and it has so much more power its crazy.

I put the HMF pipe, a 145 main jet and K&N filter in today. It really wakes up the motor. It idles fine, and has crisp throttle response, so I guess the main jet change was all it needed. Wheelies are easy now with just the throttle. If i tug on the bars, it will stand straight up. Fun times!!

Update: I finally got somewhere that I could run my quad wide open. I found that it sputters at high rpms in any gear and in neutral. I pulled the choke and it still did it. I did a plug check, and it's a nice tan color. It idles fine, throttle response is crisp, and it doesn't backfire. Am I hitting some sort of rev limiter?

There's no rev limiter, I would go up one size on the main and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Back