What Shifter Do I Need 4 Direct Shift?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddywarrior

Reaction score
Its a yz250 right? and whats the year i need it off of? i might ebay one...i think its 99 or something i cant remember,thanks.

whats the difference . idk ?

it eliminates that stupid over complicated shifter linkage design that gets really sloppy and makes you likely to miss shifts and crap, the yz250 shifter bolts on direct to the shift shaft i just cant member what year yz250 shifter to use that will bolt right up, because i think im gonna get one, but the bends on them were different over the years just trying to find out what year is best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think its year specific. I'd say the newer the better? I think I got mine used and it was off of a 01, aftermarket MSR too.

aight thanks i ordered a yz250 shifter that said 1980-97 new for 15 shipped and the bend on it looked nice and basic so ill see how it works.

Exact same one i have on my 2003 warrior. It will work on yours. Thought it would fix the problem of finding neutral while the motor was running. It didn't I might have some internal gear problem. Shifts just fine when engine is off, but that's not the point, I want to be able to shift into neutral while the motor is running, so I can shift into reverse!

Exact same one i have on my 2003 warrior. It will work on yours. Thought it would fix the problem of finding neutral while the motor was running. It didn't I might have some internal gear problem. Shifts just fine when engine is off, but that's not the point, I want to be able to shift into neutral while the motor is running, so I can shift into reverse!

A lot of that has to do with clutch linkage, and oil temp.

cool ive never had any problems finding neutral or reverse on my warrior, even with the sloppy crap shift design, neutral is cake at the most i gotta feather the clutch or something.

I always have a problem getting out of reverse when I didn't put it in neutral first. I have to shift into forward while I'm rolling backwards to get it to change if I didn't go to neutral before reverse.

Back