what oil to use on a pro design filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87warrior917

Reaction score
i got a brand new pro design 2 stage air filter with the aluminum adapter. what kind of oil should i use to oil the foam? i got the right oil for my k&n, would that work just as good for it?

use regular SAE10w30 oil or any foam air filter oil.

it's in the manual

yeah, I always just used motor oil 5w30 and 10w30, w/e I had, on any foam filter I ever owned.

ok cool thanks. how should i soak it? like put the foam in a bag and pour some oil in it and keep squeezing till its all saturated?

I usually keep adding a couple drops and squeezing it like a spunge until you can tell by look and feel that it's got enough. You want enough to catch air and dust particles but not enough to hinder performance and air flow. If it was 2 stage I would only do the inner one. The one on the outside is more for larger things like dandy lion seeds and grassblades and stuff (ie. bigger stuff)

You cant ring that filter out it has a mesh metal insert. It is a 2 stage. A guy at yamaha explained how to do it but it's a bit fuzzy now. Im pretty sure he said to just spray the outside of it with filter lube.

all i do is coat the inside of my airbox with spray and then go over the filter the best i can. works good enough.

You cant ring that filter out it has a mesh metal insert. It is a 2 stage. A guy at yamaha explained how to do it but it's a bit fuzzy now. Im pretty sure he said to just spray the outside of it with filter lube.

Oh, on my bike I had a 2 stage but you could remove the foam from the plastic that was underneth ( it had a clap that came with the filter to hold it on).

I have the same filter but i dont use it. Since the bike was completely stock (except for the Pro design filter) I just bought the oem filter and filter holder and plugged the two holes that the guy who owned it before me drilled to fit the alum. adapter. I like oem cause i like my bikes to last.

here is pro designs contact info, you can call and see what they recomend.

Pro Design
11611 Salinaz Street
Garden Grove, CA., 92843
Phone 714-534-0620
FAX 714-534-3513

ok thanks elwood ill give them a call and see what they say. and as for the stock air filter.... completely junk IMO, i mean if you for some reason you install the lid wrong then there goes your motor! a clamp on style is way better, plus its a 2 stage filter system so you have twice as much protection.

just in the broad sense of if it aint broke, dont fix it. the engine wasnt designed for more airflow, different jet s and exhausts. i have nothing againt aftermarket parts im just saying my warrior is completely stock airbox and all and i climb huge hills and can open it up while feeling satisfied about the power.

haha man my dad always told me that "if it ain't broke dont fix it", i cant stand to have anything stock for long. IMO its my hobby so its a good excuse to tell the wife that i need this or that haha plus i dont want anything i have to look like or perform like everybody elses. i just like the clamp-on style better, its just easier to work with when its time to clean them.

Back