what oil filter?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
what kind of oil filters do you guys run? yamaha by me wants $16 a piece. i bought one because i was in a pinch, but i dont want to do that again. ive read some mixed reviews for the emgo filters online and mostly good things about the Hiflofiltro's, and that they are basically K&N's. i also see Tusk makes oil filters as well. just curious to see what you guys are running since i havent really seen a oil filter thread on here.

if the filter isnt paper you can just clean it out and reuse it. im willing to bet they all do the same job. i have been told that a good quality oil will have a much larger impact rather than the filter as long as you have one.

i think so but the one you bought might not be. it depends what they sold you. i have a yamaha reusable in mine and probably paid that much. if its paper id use it then get one of any reusables on your next oil change. what i was told is filters are microns of a difference which your oil will pick up anyways

i read that hiflofiltro makes the filters for k&n. i ordered 6 of them for $36.

The only reason I choose the stainless steel one was because I crushed my last one, and I didn't want that to happen again.

Buyer beware on that oil filter I posted, it's too long and definitely does not fit. Im going to be contacting the ebay seller soon.

Ive used HiFlo filters before and they are awesome for the price, As for them making the K/N ones I wouldn't doubt it at all, Hinson make GYTR parts, CST ( Cheng Shen Tires) are Affiliated with Maxxis tires, Electrosport make all Procom Performance parts. So I wouldn't put it past Hi Flo making K/N's atv filters.

I get K&N's from Amazon pretty cheap. Only a twice a year job at most for me. I had one run for about 8 months and when I changed it, it was very clean. It's also a huge pain in the ass to change at least on my bike. Oil changes every few rides though.

Back