what needle you got in your edel?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiimbo

Reaction score
post what you got in your edel along with the cylinder size/stroke, compression and pnp or not

Sorry I have no idea what I'm running, but what would my cubic centimeters be after I bored it? I got it bored .020 over and I can't figure it out.

Needle in my edle? Have no idea there could be different needles? But I have a 84.5 bore, stock stroke, 11:1 piston, mild P&P

i have the needle in that came with the carb, which i have no clue what it is. 366cc 10.5:1 piston, stock stroke, no p&p

I had a 10.25:1 Wiseco, bored either .020 or .040 over, I can't remember. Also had some mild porting on the intake side and port and polish on the exhaust side. Stock cam, pro design K&N intake with no lid, and a slip on exhaust. The 18E worked pretty well for me, it was a little lean in the winter so I switched over to the 20E for the coldest months which made cold starting easier. That was the one single thing that I didn't like about the edel, it was a bitch to start in the winter since it doesn't have a choke which is major to me because I ride all year round. I generally had to richen it up a couple clicks to get it started then shut it off and leaned it back out after it warmed up.

deadlastracing said:
Needle in my edle? Have no idea there could be different needles? But I have a 84.5 bore, stock stroke, 11:1 piston, mild P&P

How do you think you tune the 1/3-full throttle then? That thumb screw on the top of the carb only adjusts the needle height which only works for idle up to 1/3 throttle. The edel should have came stock with an 18E and came with an additional 16E and 20E in the package.

heartkillslogic said:
353? that's it? It seems like it had a lot more power after I rebuilt it.

The change in displacement that small won't yield any noticable power gain, you're talking about less than half a horsepower on the dyno. The real power gains you're noticing are coming from 2 things. 1 - you replaced a worn out piston and rings that were most likely losing compression, and therefore losing power. and 2 - you installed a lighter piston with stronger compression, therefore more power than stock. Put those 2 things together and a simple rebuild with a high compression piston can make it seem like a big power gain, which it is. It's just not because of the bigger cc's.

yeah my rings were bad before i tore it apart so that would be it. thanks

but having bad rings keeps the mosquitoes away.

I run the 20E

12:1 compression, .430 webcam, yoshi exhaust, filter on carb, mild port and polish. other small things

My bike still runs slightly lean.... i just dont ride enough to worry about it.

i asked because i got one off of ebay, but cant get it to run right, still sounds lean when i got it wide open, missing and popping, and the plug looks shiny, not tan like it should be. went all the way up to 24-e but still does it. see the you tube video i posted below. after not being able to get it running, i finally just went ahead and took it apart (needed to any ways cause the slider wasnt going down by itself) and found out that a check needle for the accelerator pump is missing. think that might be contributing to the problem. calling edelbrock later this morning to find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EXzhAOfeXo

sorta off subject but along the same lines.....My edle over the weekend was acting up really bad as well. It was almost as if it wasn't taking any gas in. I messed around with the needle knob on the top and finally got it started again, but it happen again a few hours later....did the same thing and it worked again. I think I'm gunna take it all apart and do a in dept carb clean on it.

Back