What kind of oil?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex

Reaction score
Time for an oil change.

What type of oil is everyone using?

Amsoil!

We have seen HP gains on the Dyno by just switching to amsoil! At the track it has some of the best break down results we have ever seen in any oil. We raced many endurance races and the AMS-OIL of course stood up better than any oil we ever tested. Wear was less and the bike made more horse power. Oil consumption was lower and operating temperatures were 10 to 15 degrees lower. A CBR600F2 would pick up 3 hp on our dyno just by changing to AMS-OIL.

Warning:

This stuff is slippery! Do not attempt to break in a motor using AMS-OIL, it just will not seat the rings well.

Like this?

Also, what's the oil capacity?

Amsoil Synthetic Oil, 4-Stroke
Product# 28-1011-4 (www.canadiantire.ca)

Price $9.99

* 0W-40
* 946mL

Like this?

Also, what's the oil capacity?

Amsoil Synthetic Oil, 4-Stroke
Product# 28-1011-4 (www.canadiantire.ca)

Price $9.99

* 0W-40
* 946mL

Unless where you are is in the extreme cold (below -10*F) I would run 10W40 and 20W50 in temps above 50*F. Also you may be like wow this shits expensive (and it is) but your motor will last longer and so will the oil so u don’t have to make oil changes as frequent; the cost of the oil pays for itself over time.

You will need 2.x quarts - so 3 quarts.

How many hours between changes with the Amsoil as opposed to yamalube or something else??

How many hours between changes with the Amsoil as opposed to yamalube or something else??

for the average trail rider, **** mabye about 35hrs... i go for like 3 months in between changes and i usually ride on the weekends

[quote:61kgzhmq]How many hours between changes with the Amsoil as opposed to yamalube or something else??

I couldn’t say; I have never given Yamalube and amsoil equal riding conditions to compare under.[/quote:61kgzhmq]

I have used both, and amsoil will got 5-6 times longer before turning black or breaking down as opposed to yamalube. I change my oil 2 times a year, and when i do its still pretty good looking, then again i ride mostly only on weekends, and dont do much winter riding. But its deffintly a better oil, makes shifting so much smoother, no clutch fade like i had with some car oils either. I run the motorcycle racing oil 10w40 i can get it for about 7 a quart.

I found a Canadian supplier and I'm getting some prices now.

I'll post when I get them.

hey i know that your not suppose to run amsoil when breaking in a new piston...but in my situation i am in the process of getting a new clutch...if i run amsoil from the start will it mess anything up??..also where is the 4-stroke 20w50?? all i can find in amsoil 4-stroke is 0w40??

Back