what kind of chain and sprockets

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idle

Reaction score
Im thinkin primary drive 12 front , 36 rear, and a primary drive racing chain. Should i get a chain with o-rings or one with out and does it matter either way?

definitely get a good chain with o-rings, they last several times longer than a non-ring chain, especially when your chain gets wet or dirty a lot

I would go with the brand sold as SRP sprockets from magicracing.com, they are hard steel and will last a very long time for a low price. Renthal is a sprocket made for racers who go through a set every few races and are very light weight and wear very fast. They are much more expensive for crap to say the least, don't get those.

I run a Primary drive rear sprocket with a Primary drive 520H racing chain. The Racing chain is one of the best non-oring chains ive seen, the tensile rating is higher than all other oring chains ive seen. Just keep it oiled, i use spray grease, even though it messier than chain lube it stays on there alot longer and doesnt get covered in gunk and break down.

I have ALWAYS run Renthal steel front sprockets and they have superior life to any others I have used so far; my rear is a SunStar steel sprocket, they are cheap and good. The Renthal Aluminum sprockets are for racers and should be avoided (along with any other Al sprocket) as box said. I have a Primary Drive X-Ring chain now and I’d have to say I am not too pleased with it; the chain stretched many-many times before finally allowing me to lock in an adjustment for a while.

well it changes your gear ratios so u can get your power to the bottom end or top end with different sprocket combinations

basicly if you have more teeth on the front one than on the back one then it will be like super easy to do wheelies

basicly if you have more teeth on the front one than on the back one then it will be like super easy to do wheelies

Not quite Corko. Drop teeth on the front to get more bottom torque or go up on the rear. More teeth on front takes away from the bottom and adds to the top speed.

[quote:due4nver]basicly if you have more teeth on the front one than on the back one then it will be like super easy to do wheelies

Not quite Corko. Drop teeth on the front to get more bottom torque or go up on the rear. More teeth on front takes away from the bottom and adds to the top speed.
[/quote:due4nver]

Kreed is correct! :D

Also front sprockets tend to make a 5 MPH difference in speed for each tooth added/removed and the rear makes about a 2-3 MPH difference for each tooth added/removed.

Latest posts

Back