What happened

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just normal stuff does it run what color is the oil? Brake pad and rotor condition ect ect these things are tanks. There's really nothing on them finiky.

I'm not as active for two reasons. 1 between making case savers and my "day job" I worked 113 hours last week still got the groceries and cooked. So I really don't have time like I used to. And 2 it seems like it was all covered performance and suspension wise during the 2012-13 heydays. There's how tos on anything you really need to know. Not to mention build logs on the baddest and fastest warriors on the planet here. What do you really need other then that?

...There's how tos on anything you really need to know. Not to mention build logs on the baddest and fastest warriors on the planet here. What do you really need other then that?

I suppose, though finding people nearby to ride and swap parts with would be better I guess. Yeah there's always flea-bay but that's always a crap shoot. Forum members and people with an interest (not just parting out machines) and a reputation tend to have more scruples.

Last edited:
I hope not. I'm looking to get a Warrior for my daughters-in-law to ride when they come to visit with my sons, so i'm really hoping this forum get's active so i can get advice when needed. On the other hand, if what you say is true, Warriors ought to be even more affordable. Looking forward to seeing your build!

Hey '96, since you seem to be active on the forum, can you give me a few pointers on what should I look out for when buying a Warrior? I've already got a Banshee and a Polaris. Is there anything specific to the Warrior that I should know?

Thanks,
Muggzy
I already responded to your post in the 2nd Gen club thread. Like Weston said, not much to look for other than the usual used motor/bike things.

Stators and coils love to go out .
Yeah, there's a pretty nice looking '03 on CL that claims all it needs is a stator. I'm really leary about it though without being able to hear it run.
I bought my Sportsman on faith and took a small beating for it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Take a compression tester and have him crank it to see fuel come out of the spark plug hole. That's what I'd do

Actually prolly only hold my thumb over the plug hole and see if it blows it off

Take a compression tester and have him crank it to see fuel come out of the spark plug hole. That's what I'd do
What kind of compression range should I expect for an unmodified top end?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back