what gives with the throttle cable

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr5bidder

Reaction score
I have 2 cables that go to a box ... what is this called ? so i can look it up on ebay or even find it in the parts diaghrams

Sounds like your bike must be a 88 or 89 .. im pretty sure thats the only two years they had the double cable.. im not sure if you can switch it over to a normal single cable without changing the carb... perhaps someone else has run into this?

yes I looked up 92 and the parts where there only problem is the upper and 2 lower cables are $100 at the stealership

yupp, double cable ran up until 92. You nee all new parts or just the cable? Cable alone shouldn't be over $20.

I reconditioned the cables just to see how she runs...
I skined the outer plastic surround, dunked it in the carb cleaner and this freed it up a bit but was still very stiff so I hit the cables with my heat gun and worked it back and forth as it cooled with oil till they where silky smooth, I then reassembled the splitter box and cables,

for the top cable I only had one from a 93+ so I took the bracket off the bottom and the cable was too long so I got an old ink pen barrel and cut it to take up the slack and then installed it and wrapped with electrical tape along with a cheap allen wrench that must have come with some sort of outdoor furniture

got an old lawn tractor battery and jumper cables, set the tank on and pulled the choke out then stuck my screwdriver between the starter coil and she fired up, threw the seat on and took a few hot laps around the yard

she smokes but not really bad

Back