what gear do you go up hills in

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the very steepest I go up in high 3rd, after the work I'm doing it should be mid 4th. That's with 14/40 gearing though, definately a factor.

i usually go in third, if it steepens a bit and i notice a little bogging, i'll drop it down to second. you shouldn't really need to go any lower than that unless your climbing a wall,lol

i usually go in third, if it steepens a bit and i notice a little bogging, i'll drop it down to second. you shouldn't really need to go any lower than that unless your climbing a wall,lol
yeah walls, or real high hills ;D
scan00036zwMedium.jpg

016_16Medium.jpg

is it me or does my quad feel really bulky....i cant pull wheelys,maby its my tires....or is that normal of someone that is still getting used to all the power gains?

i just love flying up hills...it feels diferent

I usually start out in 3rd and shift into 2nd as needed. It's fun when you shift and the front comes up on a hill. Unless it don't go back down like it's s'posed to! That's painful...lol

2nd gear. Third never seems to pull Hard enough and second pulls too hard. But i usually start in second and upshift if i can or start in 3rd and downshift. Steep hill deff. Second gear.

Second - there are no "hill hills" here I pretty much climb stone walls at like 85 degree angles straight up with a lip at the top; NY is one big ass rock.

Yeah here the way the stone is if u go up any faster u will be launched backwards when u get to the top; there is no way to get over the top of them with out ending up in a wheelie as it is in second.

Latest posts

Back