What do you wear.......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan985

Reaction score
just wanting a general idea of what everyone wears when riding. i believe that protective gear is made for a reason and i think we are all in agreement that a helmet must be used every time you ride.
i ask cause recently some of my coworkers made a few comments about my choise of riding gear. i personaly wear a hjc helmet, answer racing syncron pants and jersey and gloves, alpinestar tech 3 boots, oakley goggles, and i'm working on getting a thor impact rig or a chest protector.
maybee i am taking to far and caring to much but when i'm called a "wannabe race fag" for going out to ride wearing more than jeans and a tee shirt, maybee a helmet, and tennis shoes.
I have only been riding for a few months and i have been tossed off of my raptor once and my buddys wr250f bike once. both times i belive that i would have got alot more than the bruised ribs and small cuts that i did if i was only in jeans and a tee shirt.

so i ask what you wear when you go out and ride? And do i even have an argument here.... or am i wrong and are casual clothes ok?

I dont have all the gear yet. I wear a jersey, helmet, goggles, steel toe boots, and jeans. Dont let other people bother you because they think your dressin up to much. When they wreck they will see why you do.

I wear helmet, riding gloves, boots (sometimes sneekers but i should know better) a pair of carhartts and depending on how warm anything from a tshirt to my snowmobiling jacket. Im asking for riding gear this Christmas.

One thing all that gear does for you is gives you confidence which makes you a better rider. Especially if you are just starting out. I have riding pants, gloves and a jersey and of course a helmet. I've been contemplating a chest protector myself after taking a rock to the sternum at over 50 MPH. Thats **** hurts. I ride with guys that look like they are on the bomb squad and were just f-ing around in the woods. If you can afford it, why not wear it? Cool aint what your wearing, it's what your doing.

Helmet, goggles, gloves...and jeans and this time of year a cut off t shirt. I have riding pants and a few jerseys. But I don't hardly ever put them on. I will wear a jersey in the fall and spring with a cut off under it.

Helmet, goggles w/roll offs (new feature, I never used to wear goggles), riding boots, riding pants and jersey and gloves. I've been going back and forth with buying a chest protector for a long time and kept not buying one cause I think it will be uncomfortable for me, but after seeing that guy die at the track this weekend I'm gonna buy one. It's a dangerous sport, dress accordingly....

hahahaa.... your not gay bro, you just care about ****.

i rode for 4 years like that- helmet, goggles, gloves, sweatpants or jeans, and skate shoes lol.

the race gear and chest protector i wear now really did inspire confidence. i have been knocked out and convulsed while gushing with blood everywhere and it isnt fun. 5gs in stupid medical bills isn't fun either!

the performance difference is there! i can stretch out, have my pants stay on, lean harder, and not get soaked with my pants. worrying about whats in front of me and not what im wearing helped me go faster.

just my 2 cents. i suggest the "more money" route with full protection!

I'd also like to mention that a very good friend of mine had his big toe ripped off while riding in sneakers years back. Luckily they were able to re-attach it and needless to say he rides with riding boots now...lol.

jeans boots helmet and goggles, most of the time i wear a hoodie. Ive been trying to work up the encouragement to buy gear but something else always seems more important. but it really isnt... gear is everything

If you dont have good health insurance wear full protection, those preventable injuries cost a fortune. Its also nice to not die or suffer unnecessary pain.

Just bought a thor chest protector last month, money well spent. If i had to pick 3 besides a helmet
1)boots
2)chest protector
3)pants

I ride with helmet, jersey, jeans,sunglasses(not the best choice), sneakers.

Helmet, Goggles, Gloves, Riding Boots, and Chest Protector always seeing as how i ride with guys who ride dirtbikes, and like to roost the rest of us... Normally I also wear the riding pants, and Jersey i have, but it depends on where we're riding, the pants keep me from getting too muddy. Both my pants and jersey are vented, so they don't get too hot.
~Bill

Helmet, goggles, gloves, chest protector(worth every penny!), Sidi boots (spend the extra money and get a good pair, your feet and ankles will thank you later), and knee/shingaurds. I wear those for extra protection and the fact that I have no front fenders. Was wearing a pair of cheap Thor knee gaurds, had a tire kick up a rock at speed, and it cracked the knee gaurd. That could've been my knee cap (hurt it once already with football), so I take no chances.

This autta give a good idea.

Picture014.jpg

Somtimes I feel retarded with all that gear on as I don't really see anyone else with it on.

You won't feel so retarded when you come across somebody laying on the ground hurt because they didn't have their safety gear on. I never realized how many people ride without the proper gear, everybody around here does.

Back