What do ya think.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdog

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of replacing my stock tires with these GBC Grim Reapers http://www.pureoffroad.com/gbc_grim_reaper_atv_tires.htm
and wanted some input from you guys as to what you think about them.

Also, no thanks to Bassbuggie I really like the new STI rims http://www.pureoffroad.com/sti_xm40_atv_wheels.htm he got and now I'm thinking of replacing the stock rims as well! Way to go Bassbuggie your gonna really piss my wife off! :lmao: Just remmeber its your fault!:tup:

What do you think?????

Looks good to me! Looks like a great all-around tire. I've always liked GBC tires.

I was thinking about getting the same tire. They look like they would be killer and they are one of the very few radials that come in 23". My buddy just put the radial big horns on his griz and said he will never go back to bias ply tires again. Would you get the reapers in 23" ?

I would be staying with the 23" it doesn't seem to pay more and loose the top end and only gain maybe a 1" of clearence. Also, I'm undecided on buying the rims or not because I need tires for my truck as well in a few months.

HMMM...what to do?

Hey snowdog I'll take the heat from ur wife and u might as well toss me into the fire out of the frying pan get a set of pro como extreme all terrain for the truck i put a set on my 2500 hd duramax ,6000 miles on em no wear ride great no noticeable road noise,got em at 4wheel parts wholesalers,go 4 it

They don't look bad but I'm almost threw my BFG All Terrain K/O and they were terrible. I'm thinking of going with a less aggressive tread this time.
So you might be safe but I'll keep it in the back of my mind! :tup:

I would be staying with the 23" it doesn't seem to pay more and loose the top end and only gain maybe a 1" of clearence. Also, I'm undecided on buying the rims or not because I need tires for my truck as well in a few months.

HMMM...what to do?

I would just get the tires unless stock rims are all bent to hell like mine were. It is awesome having a almost worry free set of wheels and tires.

Do you guys think that a pipe and jetting would make up for lost power with 25" tires, yet give me a bit more top speed from the larger radius tires? I could use a few more MPH to keep up with the bigger machines on the flats but I don't want to give up any nut.

I would just get the tires unless stock rims are all bent to hell like mine were. It is awesome having a almost worry free set of wheels and tires.

My right rear got bent really bad but I actually beat it back in place really well but I know by the end of the year I'll need tires so why wait until the end of the year and get no use out of them or buy them now and use them all year. I also have the $$$$ to do it now and I may not in 5 months.

Here was my one concern with the GBC..the weight of their 8 ply tire!

The GBC total weight is 86.6 lbs and by comparison the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 are 69.8 lbs, their almost 17 lbs lighter. I can't find anything else in the 23" tire range on a 12" rim besides Carlisle and their 3 ply tires!

Would you be concerned over adding 17lbs?
Because I can promise you all I won't be loosing 17 lbs of weight anytime soon!

About my riding style. I like to go fast, push the envelope to the edge but not over it. I still like getting in the mud and doing hill climbs, doing donuts, push myself pretty hard but still come home in one piece.

My question is are they too aggressive for my all around type of riding?
Problem is I can't find a damn thing in a 23" on a 12" rim besides Carlisle's lousy 3 ply tire.

I literally enjoy all the aspects of the Wolvy, the sporty side of it and the utility side of it. I like riding technical sometimes and getting muddy and other times just going fast or doing hill climbs.

Do you guys think that a pipe and jetting would make up for lost power with 25" tires, yet give me a bit more top speed from the larger radius tires? I could use a few more MPH to keep up with the bigger machines on the flats but I don't want to give up any nut.

not really its all fairy tales. but necessary to stay in the range your in. I have piped and jetted., should do a clutch kit, but i like it where it is.

Here was my one concern with the GBC..the weight of their 8 ply tire!

The GBC total weight is 86.6 lbs and by comparison the Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 are 69.8 lbs, their almost 17 lbs lighter. I can't find anything else in the 23" tire range on a 12" rim besides Carlisle and their 3 ply tires!

Would you be concerned over adding 17lbs?
Because I can promise you all I won't be loosing 17 lbs of weight anytime soon!

About my riding style. I like to go fast, push the envelope to the edge but not over it. I still like getting in the mud and doing hill climbs, doing donuts, push myself pretty hard but still come home in one piece.

My question is are they too aggressive for my all around type of riding?
Problem is I can't find a damn thing in a 23" on a 12" rim besides Carlisle's lousy 3 ply tire.

I literally enjoy all the aspects of the Wolvy, the sporty side of it and the utility side of it. I like riding technical sometimes and getting muddy and other times just going fast or doing hill climbs.

there is another tire cant remember name look around on here i posted it. when i get home i will post the link. good price too

I remembered that aces, I think it was this:
" I put 25" zillas on great over all but I enjoy tight woods riding and they grab too much for where I ride so am switching to the Kenda Klaws XC radials 6 ply for spring and summer "

yes/no ?

They have them in 25" not 23".

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back