What chain would you recommend?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginsouthernboy

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm buying new chain and sprockets what is the best chain and sprockets? And I mostly ride in woods and sometime roads and go up hills what gearing should I go with?

14-40 and a smart chain from sidewinder 10,000lbs tensile strength minimum.
and expensive as hell sorry weston lol, dude trail and road just find a decent oring or xring depending on ur preference. im running cheap primary drive oring chain and JT sprockets personally and all i do are trails and a little backroading from time to time mine has held up a year and looks brand new. its all about maintenance imo.Im sure westons smart chain is badass and youd probably never have to buy another one but just for beating in the brush it doesnt seem practical..just my 2 cents

and expensive as hell sorry weston lol, dude trail and road just find a decent oring or xring depending on ur preference. im running cheap primary drive oring chain and JT sprockets personally and all i do are trails and a little backroading from time to time mine has held up a year and looks brand new. its all about maintenance imo.Im sure westons smart chain is badass and youd probably never have to buy another one but just for beating in the brush it doesnt seem practical..just my 2 cents
Southernboy asked for the best and westons dead on lol

true dat. My apologies!

Last edited:
You really want expensive, look at their Ti2 sprockets, guaranteed to never wear out, a full chain and sprocket combo from sidewinder is about 430$

You asked for the best.

But the cheap stuff would work for you, just stay away from aluminum sprockets.

The smart chain is nice. I just put one on the stroker. I spent $172, that was for 120 links, extra master link, 12k lbs tensile, and shipping. Not too bad when you stop and think you'll spend 100 on a good o-ring chain. But, it is very nice, the links are bigger, and looks totally trick in gold!

They do look sweet and really just comes down to putting the extra $ in one imo! But for me, if my screenname started with mudboggin or if he rides **** like i ride ****, I would just say steel sprockets and a nice oring chain of somesort, how long do you guys think that fancy lube in those orings on the smartchain would hold up in water and mud? just honestly wondering bc it seems to lean more to the mx or racing crowd as opposed to the mud throwers...

Back